Sign in to follow this  
spanky

Prep Goals: 2014

Simple enough, what do you hope to accomplish this year? I tried to keep mine realistic for my budget and lifestyle.

Quit smoking (11 days nicotine free so far)

Work out more (6 days in, sore as hell, but feeling good. Sunday is rest day)

Increase food stores to at least 3 months

55 gal water drum for rain water

Camp at least 6 times, including 1 mock bug out with my BOB

Hike more

Re-organize GHB, BOB, & INCH bag

Larger garden harvest

Firearm related:

Get to the range more

Get a dedicated BOB/INCH pistol

Get another 223 upper

Nada for us.  We're moving in September so there's no point to loading up more stuff that we'll just have to pick up and move.  We're sitting pretty for what I consider to be the most likely short term issues so I'm not concerned.  Once we move, everything we do will revolve around self-sufficiency, not necessarily prepping.  We have 40 acres of isolated timber to work with so we'll be clearing trees to put in a large garden as well as orchard.  We'll have 500 gallon rain barrels in series to help offset our water bill though we hope to dig out the spring fed pond that's silted in as well as have a number of pumps installed to tap the aquifer.

Other than gardening and training, the only self sufficiency around my area is stocking up. We have a small water source nearby, but rather be safe than sorry. A good friend of mine just bought land in a free state, and granted me access to it whenever I want, so I'll definitely be taking advantage of that.

Nada for us.  We're moving in September so there's no point to loading up more stuff that we'll just have to pick up and move.  We're sitting pretty for what I consider to be the most likely short term issues so I'm not concerned.  Once we move, everything we do will revolve around self-sufficiency, not necessarily prepping.  We have 40 acres of isolated timber to work with so we'll be clearing trees to put in a large garden as well as orchard.  We'll have 500 gallon rain barrels in series to help offset our water bill though we hope to dig out the spring fed pond that's silted in as well as have a number of pumps installed to tap the aquifer.

That is a HUGE garden!!!  Enjoy!

And I must admit I am jealous!

That is a HUGE garden!!!  Enjoy!

We'll probably only do 2 acres for a garden and three for an orchard.  We both have full time jobs so we have to keep it somewhat manageable but that should be more than enough for our family as far as food goes.  I want to maintain a good bit of timber as the land has a ton of game to hunt.

Simple enough, what do you hope to accomplish this year? I tried to keep mine realistic for my budget and lifestyle.

Quit smoking (11 days nicotine free so far)

Work out more (6 days in, sore as hell, but feeling good. Sunday is rest day)

Bingo! I was going to say "get in better shape," you read my mind. Nothing is more fragile than health when stressed by your environment. Kudos!

Camp at least 6 times, including 1 mock bug out with my BOB

Hike more

Re-organize GHB, BOB, & INCH bag

Hitting it out of the park, again. I need to go through my gear again, and I need to do some camping to test some of it out.