JoshShootsStuff

Citizens Rifle and Revolver Club thoughts?

Thanks Josh.

Do you know if I'd be able to get a tour of the facilities at the same time?

They let us tour the indoor facilities during our orientation since the outside ranges had a foot of snow on them. So you can either tour them then or get in touch with me after I have my second reading and I'll take you for a tour and you can shoot if you want.

As far as the emails I'm not sure how much luck you'll have, but I don't think any of the guys joining would mind being a liaison for you and getting you as much info as we can. We all believe pretty strongly that the club is a community and want to help each other out and progress our 2A rights at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get an answer for this yet?

No.  JoshShootsStuff said you can "just show up", but their website suggests that you should sign up early, because the classes fill up.  When I was there at the March meeting, there was a green sign-up sheet, so I signed up there for the April classes.  Still not sure how you'd do it without being there in person; I never did get a response to my questions submitted electronically. 

Sorry for the delay in responding.

See (some of) you gents tonight, tomorrow we shoot!!

For those interested in joining we'll see if they clarify anything tonight. I did see they postponed the April orientation, Maybe they figured out a way to make things more streamlined?

If anyone finds this thread and is interested in CRRC feel free to PM Alpo, Czechmark or myself. We became member last week and can answer most of your questions or take you to the range if you'd like to check it out.

For those of you who had communications issues, we brought that to their attention and they are reevaluating and changing how their email system works and most of those issues should be alleviated. They're still trying to figure out how to structure the new membership system, but don't let that detract you from becoming a member because it's definitely worth it! And if you want to go shooting in the meantime let us know!

I attended the CRRC's range safety training 2 weeks ago and really like to atmosphere there. I was late to the send part of training (range safe training and test), so I need one more signature for my application (got one from the training officer, but the other senior member left). I wonder if I can one additional senior member sponsor me on the application so that I can get the first reading at the July's member meeting.

Of course, if any member is free during the weekend and can take me in as guest, I would be very happy to go with you. Please feel free to try my postals. I haven't tried 2 of them yet.

Most of the guys on this thread are new member so we can't sponsor anybody. But if you show up around 15-30 minutes early to the July meeting it's easy to get one or two signatures, especially with the nice weather everyone usually hangs around outside until the meeting starts, so just look for a yellow badge. It's a nice group of guys, and hopefully the second range will be opening up soon.

What time are you looking to go shooting? I'm away on training for work this week but I might be able to take you one night next week or the week following. Where are you from?

Yes, I plan to go there earlier and look for one more signature for my application. I hope I can get it in time before meeting start so that I can have my first read.

I am from Piscataway, exist 7 of 287. It will take me at least 45 minutes to drive to CRRC without traffic. Go to CRRC at night might need to wait until traffic settles down, it that is not too late for you.

Members:

CRRC is running a senior pistol shoot (NRA Bullseye rules) on Thursday evenings at the outdoor range.

It's a truncated shoot- 60 rounds: 20 slow fire; 20 timed; & 20 rapid.

You can use any centerfire or .22lr pistol/revolver.

We have both experienced BE shooters and newbies like me.

We setup around 6:45 and are done by 8.

Hope to see you guys there.

You have good eyes if you saw that small sign while driving down the road, especially with all the traffic that is on that road at times. The only other range I have been to with a smaller sign is Mallard. Well, we won't count OBRPC outdoor range, we have no sign for that range!  :)

There's also a money box if you don't have any stickers with you. I also think it's to pay for the lights/heat/vent/electric bill.

If you find them let me know. I'll buy them from you so they don't go to waste

I finally found my stickers from when I was a member, and when I emailed Josh I noticed he hasn't logged onto the forum for two months.

So, I'll offer them to the rest of the forum.    I have 14 of the white $1 CRRC stickers.   I'll sell the batch for $8, postage included.   PM me if interested

Been a forum member for a few years now and never thought of looking into this thread. I know this is an old thread but are most of you still members at CRRC? I know Wen Shih is. Good to see others from CRRC here. I asked Troy to create a CRRC group on this board but kinda hard to get people from CRRC to use the forums.