JoshShootsStuff

Citizens Rifle and Revolver Club thoughts?

Yeah it's DEFINITELY not a place for someone into rifles (which I probably will be eventually lol). But I figure I'll be a member there and I'll bring friends in as guests and we'll shoot handguns and from time to time someone can reciprocate at their range that's more conducive to shooting rifles. (Like maybe you? Lol) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill work that trade with you.  It should be easy enough since we both live in the same town.

Ken

The snow should be over by Tuesday morning at the latest. Things should be fine by Wednesday night.

Plus the already cancelled last month's meeting. I doubt they'd cancel another one if they don't have to

Thanks for the reassurance. I need to start shooting more than I have been (which is almost non-existent) and don't think I can deal with the emotions of having to wait another month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last month they just cancelled it, no rescheduling. So that wouldn't really do much to help you, unfortunately.

Ah oh well ...guess I'll just have to wait.

Ill work that trade with you. It should be easy enough since we both live in the same town.

Ken

Ok sounds good! (Once I become a member)

Sadly I have a quiz and cannot get out of class tonight. :-/

Good luck and have fun guys! Again: if any if you are heading to the range and want some company (and want to try my guns) PM me.

I went to the meeting on Wed., because I'm interested in joining.  They're in the midst of changing the membership process, so it's going to take a (long) while.  Now you can't get the application at the monthly meeting, you get it at the safety class (although, how you sign up for the safety class without going to a meeting is unclear to me, since they didn't respond to my request for information sent through their website). So, now the process is... take safety & range rules classes 4/5 & 4/8, fill out application, get 2 signatures, pay money, then first reading at May meeting, then second reading at June reading, & pay more money.  That's assuming I get my FPID card back before the May meeting (who would have guessed that a change-of-address on an FPID card could take months?).  That's also assuming that I can actually make it to both the May & June meetings.  So, there I am, in person at the club on March 5th, and they're telling me that, best case scenario, I might able to be a member by June.  They seem like nice folks, and I'm still interested, but it's fair to say that my excitement has waned somewhat.

Yeah it sucks but I don't blame them for having stringent policies that ensure only people really committed to becoming a member will. You and I might get in around the same time. I've already done the range safety courses. I just have to wait until I can make 2 meetings.

I don't agree with the new process either. I think you should be able to get an app at a monthly meeting and have your first reading whenever you fill out the applicable forms, but not be allowed to have your second reading until you complete the range safety course, that would make more sense. I wasn't a fan of how some guys got there late and didn't get any signatures (Alpo got there late and still got his sigs), you should have to make some sort of effort to engage in the community you're asking to be a part of. I still think it's an awesome group of people and I'm looking forward to joining, but it does seem there are areas for improvement, hopefully we'll be able to provide some input as we pay our dues as members

Yeah, I got there about 5 minutes after the meeting started (well earlier actually, but parking was tough).

Luckily the meeting was so packed that after making way to sign in sheet, I ended up in a side room with some members and got to meet/tell a little about myself.

Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get my signatures have my first reading.

Bonus- I also met and exchanged info with the VP and I'm signed up for about 3 hours of work time after my 2nd reading.

As far as the process, I can see why they'd want us to do the orientation first.

At the meetings, unless you get there pretty early, it's probably tough to get your application, fill it out, make copies of your FPID & NRA cards (or join the NRA if not already a member) and really interact with members before the readings.

But at the orientation, you can get your paperwork done without rushing and the folks running it can get a better idea of who you are and they might even introduce you to other members at your first meeting.

Nice, what are you doing for your work hours? The guy sitting next me kept bitching and complaining about the work hours, I actually found it pretty amusing

I'm helping out with the criminal justice student event in late April.

Yeah, first Wednesday in April. I'll send you my phone number so we can get together and head over there

Awesome ...thanks. I'm looking forward to getting together and doing some shooting with you guys! Also you guys are welcome to tryout my guns, too. (It's the least I can do to say thanks.)

Personally, and this is only my opinion, I don't like any club that requires you be sponsored, go to meetings, do community service, etc...  I pay enough money to use the facilities, I don't have time for any of that other BS.  I will never join a club with those types of restrictions.  I am literally 10 min from Old Bridge but I still drive 40 min to Brick or Range-14 because I can pay, shoot, then go home, no strings attached.

Personally, and this is only my opinion, I don't like any club that requires you be sponsored, go to meetings, do community service, etc... I pay enough money to use the facilities, I don't have time for any of that other BS. I will never join a club with those types of restrictions. I am literally 10 min from Old Bridge but I still drive 40 min to Brick or Range-14 because I can pay, shoot, then go home, no strings attached.

Yeah, that's pretty much the difference between a club and a business. Both have their place and aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm joining CRRC because I believe such organizations contribute, even if just in small ways, to the preservation of our rights and the growth of the firearms/2A community.

Yeah, that's pretty much the difference between a club and a business. Both have their place and aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm joining CRRC because I believe such organizations contribute, even if just in small ways, to the preservation of our rights and the growth of the firearms/2A community.

+1 for Alpo!

Agreed, A+

All that PLUS for me, I'm attracted to: less likely to have wait times, you can bring friends and they don't have to pay a lot more, it has that "community" feel ...like you're part owner, and there's other things to do than just a handgun range.

Good to see so many people interested in joining a club like CRRC. Last meeting was a bit chaotic. I have not seen that many people showed up. I am also not a fan of the new member application process. Don't worry about finding a sponsor. You ask any yellow badges and they will sign it for you. To me, work hour is not a burden. Just the family fun shot days will get you more than 8 hr.

Do they still sell/use those little white stickers for sign-in?   It was their mechanism to collect a small door fee (to cover targets) when you used the range.

I've still got a bunch of them somewhere--when I moved too far from the club to remain a member, I didn't have a chance to use them up.

Do they still sell/use those little white stickers for sign-in? It was their mechanism to collect a small door fee (to cover targets) when you used the range.

I've still got a bunch of them somewhere--when I moved too far from the club to remain a member, I didn't have a chance to use them up.

They do. You buy them at the meetings.

Do they still sell/use those little white stickers for sign-in? It was their mechanism to collect a small door fee (to cover targets) when you used the range.

There's also a money box if you don't have any stickers with you. I also think it's to pay for the lights/heat/vent/electric bill.

If you find them let me know. I'll buy them from you so they don't go to waste

There's also a money box if you don't have any stickers with you. I also think it's to pay for the lights/heat/vent/electric bill.

If you find them let me know. I'll buy them from you so they don't go to waste

I'll hunt around and see what I can find.   I'll send you a PM once I know what I have.

Thanks.

Now you can't get the application at the monthly meeting, you get it at the safety class (although, how you sign up for the safety class without going to a meeting is unclear to me, since they didn't respond to my request for information sent through their website).

Did you get an answer for this yet?

Did you get an answer for this yet?

You don't actually have to "sign up" for the safety orientation class. You just show up, write your name on the sign in sheet, pay 10 dollars, listen to the rules and pass an easy test.

For most of us the first time at the club was for the orientation since the prior meeting got canceled by the snow. And we also dealt with the unresponsive emails, I'm not sure why they don't answer, sorry.