JoshShootsStuff

Citizens Rifle and Revolver Club thoughts?

I couldn't tell if that guy was upset or indifferent about that, he was so monotonous. I think between us we all know who each other are so we should meet up Tuesday night.

Lol I know right ...I didn't see any sign or anything and I was at a gun club/range so you really can't blame me right?

Definitely on Tuesday we need to all introduce ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One step closer!

Hey nice meeting you guys (again) tonight. Looking forward to becoming members together!!

Though if you guys can kindly bring me in as a guest until I can become a member I would really appreciate it. Due to my Wednesday night classes I don't know if I will be able to join until after the spring semester.

They said something like every Sunday ...forget what they said about Tuesday

They usually don't start Trap on Tuesday nights until it starts to get a bit warner out. The old-fudds are tough, but not stupid!  :)

They do the Sunday program because they usually get some sunshine there to warm them up a bit.

Not sure if they still do the youth Trap program Sunday mornings in the winter time. Charlie was the guy running that event.

Hey nice meeting you guys (again) tonight. Looking forward to becoming members together!!

Though if you guys can kindly bring me in as a guest until I can become a member I would really appreciate it. Due to my Wednesday night classes I don't know if I will be able to join until after the spring semester.

I'm sure we can work something out.

Hey guys, I was finishing my application and went on the CCRC website and saw this on the front page:

'Next CRRC Regular Meeting: Wednesday, March 5, 2014, 7:00 PM.

This meeting begins early because the Annual Swap starts right after the meeting adjourns.'

Wanted to let you know for those of us who need to get there early to get signatures, I'm guessing we need to be there around 6:30? I don't know what the annual swap is but it sounds cool!

Sucks I won't be able to make it because of class. Don't forget: if you ever want company PM me ...I'll be happy to come along and do some shooting!

Definitely.

Once I'm official, I'll shoot you a PM whenever I head over there.

As I am a probationary member (so I just went through induction process) I have an FYI on submitting an application.

If you are looking to get signatures for an application I would suggest getting there even more than 1/2 an hour early since the back parking lot is not always open and the front lot is usually full by 1/2 before the meeting.  Also, in case any of you don't know, you need signatures from the full members (yellow badges) not probationary members (red badges).

The process is pretty painless, it just takes a few months and goes like this: attend a meeting and get an application, get signatures of two members (w/yellow badges), attend two range safety courses (offered quarterly, next one is in April), pay dues, hand in copy of NRA/FID cards.

The signatures should be relatively easy to come by if you show up to a meeting early and mingle. Or I'm sure someone's signature could be bought for a few bucks :)

Check out their site and let us know if you plan on coming/joining. http://www.crrc.org/membership.htm

Because I'm in class on Wednesday nights I won't be able to join until like the summer!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry man, we'll take you shooting. We don't want you to get rusty!

Don't worry man, we'll take you shooting. We don't want you to get rusty!

LOL ...thanks!! I really can't wait to join though. It seems like a really good group of us joining an already good group of guys, so I'm sure we're going to have some good times!

Theres enough of us here from Hightstown, East Windsor, and cranbury that we should have our own get together some day.

Does CRRC still prohibit magnums and more than 5 rounds on the indoor range?  I havent been in there in about 20 years.

Ken

the 5 round rule applies to all ranges.

The 5 round rule is weird because it is self imposed by the club, since it was founded as a target shooting club and adheres to the old school rules. I think they would appeal to more folks if they lifted that rule, but none the less its convenience by location makes up for that rule for me.

Theres enough of us here from Hightstown, East Windsor, and cranbury that we should have our own get together some day.

Does CRRC still prohibit magnums and more than 5 rounds on the indoor range? I havent been in there in about 20 years.

Ken

Yeah I'm in the Hightstown/East Windsor area too.

Magnums are prohibited indoors and yes - no more than 5 rounds in the mag at a time. I agree it's odd but the funny thing is that's usually what I do when I go to the range. It helps me keep track of how many rounds I shot at what distance. I think for CRRC it's also about making sure someone isn't standing around waiting for a cease fire to go check/change targets too.

Yeah. I was on the fence about joining because of that rule. But I mostly shoot revolvers, so it's not a big deal.

They did mention that one of the rationales for it is the fact that once there are six shooters on a range, one them has to be the RO (and therefore can't shoot), so 5 rounds at a time allows everyone to get on the line without waiting too long (ROs switch out between volleys).

The only real inconvenience is gonna be my Marlin 60 (tube fed).

If I was not far more into rifles than pistols I would probably join there again.  I cant do 100 yards through a tube on special days of the year.  I qualified in the NRA junior program in the rimfire range of that club many many years ago.  I like their facilities and the people.  Not so good for high power rifle though.

Ken

Yeah it's DEFINITELY not a place for someone into rifles (which I probably will be eventually lol). But I figure I'll be a member there and I'll bring friends in as guests and we'll shoot handguns and from time to time someone can reciprocate at their range that's more conducive to shooting rifles. (Like maybe you? Lol)

You could always get a membership at Ft Dix too if you really wanted to shoot rifle. I'm more of a handgun guy, and having a range 10 minutes from my house that I can access 24/7 and bring guests too for practically nothing is perfect for me. I also don't have 900 bucks to pay for my first year at CJRPC (600 initiation + 300 yearly dues). Seems like a great club and awesome group of people, just stuck in an anti-gun town in an anti-gun state.

On another note... Anyone worried that this snow storm is going to impact the meeting again? They're calling for 8-12" around here

On another note... Anyone worried that this snow storm is going to impact the meeting again? They're calling for 8-12" around here

The snow should be over by Tuesday morning at the latest. Things should be fine by Wednesday night.

Plus the already cancelled last month's meeting. I doubt they'd cancel another one if they don't have to.

Also I hope the snow does get the meeting moved so maybe I can go lol

Last month they just cancelled it, no rescheduling. So that wouldn't really do much to help you, unfortunately.