Sign in to follow this  
ogfarmer

3 US made AK's released today

Classic Firearms released 3 US made AK's today

w/ No Bayo lugg, has muzzle break, but comes with 30rders.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/new-products

Edit: Guess these are junk and Banned in NJ

PLease Delete this thread!

If there is one thing American manufacturers do NOT known how to make well, it is an AK. I would take an AK made in any other country (even Romania) before i took an American one.

* - Of course I am not including custom builders like Krebs and Rifle Dynamics, etc.

IO Inc is a decent company. Makes good rifles.

but a NO NO in NJ. When they started to sell here I was in the 1st batch of ppl to buy it. Some of the members prob remember , I posted the whole story. I don't remember who called me : the store or the NJSP , but I had like 4 days to return it for a full refund otherwise the troopers wud come and pick it up cause it is a illegal firearm under NJ administrative code or wtvr it called.

Even the WaffenWorks AK-74s, which I really liked, have begun to have problems now that they switched from Nodak Spud receivers to their own built in-house receivers. 

There may be a well made (non-custom) American Built AK out there. I am just not aware of it.

Dres', I think your spellcheck got the better of you. :)

I have read and heard good things about the waffenworks rifle. I was very close to ordering a 74, but decided not to add another caliber to the collection. The more I learn about the 5.45, the more I want one. I'm going to hold off and read the reviews. If they check out ill order one over the summer.

I have read and heard good things about the waffenworks rifle. I was very close to ordering a 74, but decided not to add another caliber to the collection. The more I learn about the 5.45, the more I want one. I'm going to hold off and read the reviews. If they check out ill order one over the summer.

If you buy one, look for one with a Nodak reciever. The Waffen-built receivers are easy to spot because they have the huge company emblem on the underside of the receiver. One other thing to consider is that the good surplus 5.45 ammo is corrosive. With a NJ compliant welded on muzzle attachment, it means that you will probably not be able to clean the gun as thoroughly as you would if you could simply screw off the brake. You won't rust your chrome lined barrel, but you will rust the muzzle threads and brake itself without a good cleaning. There  are a lot of people that swear by simply pouring hot, soapy water down the barrel and dunking the muzzle end in it after shooting. 

I remember that!!! Some people recommended  for you to shoot few corrosive rounds and then return the rifle!!!

IO Inc is a decent company. Makes good rifles.
but a NO NO in NJ. When they started to sell here I was in the 1st batch of ppl to buy it. Some of the members prob remember , I posted the whole story. I don't remember who called me : the store or the NJSP , but I had like 4 days to return it for a full refund otherwise the troopers wud come and pick it up cause it is a illegal firearm under NJ administrative code or wtvr it called.