I hope you get them done, you need it! :laugh:

They are bad aren't they lol and hey you could of put some polish on them when ya washed the car, wtf man?! Lol Although the lovely pitting would of just stood out even more.

Also need to address that rust spot I'm sure you notice on back end, trying get more quotes because so far I've been quoted $900-$1000.

To GSD, could you tell us a bit more about the process to cerakote a firearm?  Is it thick enough to interfere with threads on, for instance, rifle receivers, or are the screw holes plugged with wax when you coat a rifle?  Or is it thin enough to coat the threads and on internal parts too?  How long does it take to do?  Will it coat moving parts (like, for instance, the bearing surfaces on the bolt of a bolt action rifle, etc)?  Are the interior parts of a gun (aside from the barrel and chamber) coated as well, or is it only the exterior surface?

Sorry guys the shop has been crazy busy. Lots of people want there motorcycle work done NOW since bike week is just a short while away.  FFL fees are $35 for any transfer + $15 for NICS. Yes sometimes it is alot easier to just give the shop a call, unfortunately I don't always have the free time I would love to have to be able to chat on the forums. Anyway I will make sure i speak to everyone that I was talking to today and get everything straightened up! Thanks for being patient.

Sorry guys the shop has been crazy busy. Lots of people want there motorcycle work done NOW since bike week is just a short while away. FFL fees are $35 for any transfer + $15 for NICS. Yes sometimes it is alot easier to just give the shop a call, unfortunately I don't always have the free time I would love to have to be able to chat on the forums. Anyway I will make sure i speak to everyone that I was talking to today and get everything straightened up! Thanks for being patient.

Not a problem, make that money!

Dropped of my Sig p226 at their shop on Friday, had the slide and frame done in titanium and the controls done in graphite black. Was done late Monday but couldn't get to it because of the storm, so a 4 day turnaround including Saturday and Sunday. Couldn't be happier with their work. Definitely recommended and will be using again in the future.

post-2411-0-75049400-1391553351_thumb.jpg

This thread has gotten me to consider having the slide of my Sig Pro 2022 done in something new.  I went to Cerakote's website and ordered some free sample swatches a couple days ago, and they arrived here today.  I'm really liking both the Tungsten and the Titanium...so I'm hoping to get the slide done in the not-too-distant future.

That 226 looks great - I'm diggin' it...

That looks great

That 226 looks great - I'm diggin' it...

Thanks guys.

The one thing that they did say today when I picked it up is that it is easier for them if you call for the quotes rather then PM them on here. That way also you can get your answer right away and not have to wait for a response here if they don't have time to get online.

Dropped of my Sig p226 at their shop on Friday, had the slide and frame done in titanium and the controls done in graphite black. Was done late Monday but couldn't get to it because of the storm, so a 4 day turnaround including Saturday and Sunday. Couldn't be happier with their work. Definitely recommended and will be using again in the future.

Did they break it apart?

I want to get mine done, and don't have the tools to take off my night sights.

Did they break it apart?

I want to get mine done, and don't have the tools to take off my night sights.

No you have to disassemble yourself, I had the same problem at first. I just used a tabletop vice with rubber grips. Took a brass punch with some electrical tape over the end and a small hammer, you can easily tap the sights out if you are careful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That's what I thought. I am somewhat mechanically challenge and don't have many tools. Last thing I need to do is try to taken them off and ruin $150 sights.

Wonder why they don't offer taking off sights as a service.

The reason we do not is we are not a licensed gunsmith and do not want to take responsibility for taking apart and putting back together. There are tons of little parts that can be lost/broke and the insurance purposes as well. If we are not licensed to take apart and put back together and if something catastrophic went wrong with the gun due to us putting it together wrong it would be a nightmare.  

Had my fiances slide done in hot pink by them 10 months ago. Around when they first moved to Keyport. They are not new to the business, I have had a few sets of wheels powder coated by them as well. No problem with the M&P since they've done it.

Welcome to the forum guys!

Very nice!

Any risk/issues in doing the bolt on a Mossberg 500?

How far should I disassemble the bolt?

Remove extractor, firing pin, etc.?

Cerakote often works well within the tolerances of most firearms. I imagine the bolt of a 500 would be fine. I would assume that whatever parts you need coated should be disassembled as completely as possible.