DirtyDigz

Tac Con 3MR Trigger - drop in trigger pack with bump fire mode

I bet this twists up more panties than the slidefire stock did - a drop in AR15 trigger pack that allows your safety selector to move to the 3rd position.  When in the 3rd position, the trigger goes into "bump fire mode":

https://tacfirecon.com/tacfireconshop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

Today I had the opportunity to shoot the Tac-Con 3MR trigger system. This drop in trigger pack for AR15 rifles enables a 3rd position on the selector lever.

What does this 3rd position do? On a conventional select fire machine gun it would set the rifle to “rock and roll” and if you pulled the trigger back the gun would keep firing until the magazine was empty or you released the trigger.

That’s not what the 3MR does, but it’s almost as cool.

The 3MR allows the shooter to simulate full-auto fire by way of a very ingenious trigger modification that’s 100% BATF legal. How the trigger works is by using the bolt carriers rearward motion to push the trigger forward thus aiding in the reset. If you hold the trigger back, it fires a single shot. If you slightly release your finger, the trigger will move forward with your finger during recoil and shorten the next pull considerably. When you go to pull the trigger again you can do so very quickly and that’s how it simulates automatic fire.

It does take a little practice to master, however I was able to pick up a sample rifle and immediately knock out very quick 2 and 3 round bursts. If I had to guess the cyclic rate, I would way it was in the neighborhood of 500-600 rounds per minute (M60 speed). You can go faster or slower depending on your level of experience.

As a bonus, when the 3MR is set to the standard single shot mode it’s a very clean, almost match grade, trigger with a 4.5lbs crisp break.

I found the 3MR to be easier to master than a bump-fire stock when simulating fully automatic fire. Not only did I find it a little easier to master, but I also really like the seamless integration of the system into your rifle.

The first step to installing the 3MR is to remove the factory trigger components, but keep the two OEM trigger pins handy. The 3MR is in a self contained trigger pack that you simply sit into position and pin back into place with the OEM pins. If you’re familiar with AR’s you’ll be able to perform the conversion quickly and easily.

Promo video - recommend you turn your speakers down, it has over-the-top drama music:

http://youtu.be/eQtCTUq4Y_I

What's negative that you are hearing

It's basically a super light trigger with a super short reset that shoots when you move your finger.  So the faster you can move your finger, the fast it fires. 

If you want something more like a select-fire experience, the slidefire stock would be better, IMO.

Reviews are very good, and it doesnt create doubt like slide fire stock, which could be considered a collapsing stock if you lived in a state where the gun laws suck and the people administering them....... well you get the idea. Is this trigger expensive? Yes, but in NJ I think its the only way to go, feel free to invent another device that does the same thing and sell it cheap if thats your thing.

...doesnt create doubt like slide fire stock...

IMO I don't know if you can classify it as doubt free - even with a letter from the ATF.  Their are always ways to seek compliance within existing laws when tip toe-ing the edges (ie, most ARs in this state), but this strikes me as the greatest attention whoring device you can put on a NJ complaint legal rifle.  Granted I've never shot it, so it may very well have a practical application I am overlooking but from a legality stand point I would not want to be the "test case" in NJ, nor face a reversal of policy by the ATF and be out $500.

I will stick with my money spent on a G trigger, money spent on training and ammo with said trigger, and being able to rattle off .14's when practical.  I've already been accused of having a happy switch, I don't actually need one   :icon_e_biggrin:  

There are those who want nothing to do with military or near military arms, thats fine, but there are others who smile broadly as they enjoy the sensation of full, or near full auto fire, and thats fine too, remember that just across the Delaware River their citizens are trusted with all kinds of guns that make no practical sense.

the thing with something like this......is as always, it's a :"workaround" of the half assed laws. it's within the law, even here i believe, due to the fact that it only fires a single round each time the trigger's pressed. that part's the key i think. it'd be nice to be able to get input from e. nappen, or a prosecutor. or even some of our leo's that are on these boards.......

yea, but you got no worries. don't you live across the river in free America?

You'd be surprised at how often even in "free" America that full-auto brings negative attention. "OMG that's illegal!" "Are you a cop, only cops can have full auto." "Do you have a permit for that?" I have heard all of these things unfortunately. The funniest incident was some busy body asking if I had a permit for a full-auto suppressed SBR and next to me was a closed case with a full auto beltfed. I said, "No, and I don't a permit for this either" as I kicked the lid open to show off my Mk46 in all its glory.

You'd be surprised at how often even in "free" America that full-auto brings negative attention. "OMG that's illegal!" "Are you a cop, only cops can have full auto." "Do you have a permit for that?" I have heard all of these things unfortunately. The funniest incident was some busy body asking if I had a permit for a full-auto suppressed SBR and next to me was a closed case with a full auto beltfed. I said, "No, and I don't a permit for this either" as I kicked the lid open to show off my Mk46 in all its glory.

I would be surprised. Almost 10 years and never ran into any of that.

I would be surprised. Almost 10 years and never ran into any of that.

I had my SBR out yesterday at the local "gun club" and it is about as "PA gun club" as you can get.. and two old guys were out there.. and they were curious about the gun.. but the notion of its legality never even entered the conversation..