denisl

PSA A2 Flash Hider

haha - ok thanks first AR and first build attempt.  Looked like a nice start oh well.  

I wasn't sure if flash hider was the same as flash suppressor.  guess so.. 

Technically, as long as you aren't in possession of an AR lower receiver, it is perfectly legal to purchase that upper and have it shipped here.  You can swap out the flash hider for the muzzle brake(has to be pinned and welded on...something you might be able to do yourself-or not), and grind off the bayonet lug. 

Not terribly difficult, I did mine myself in less than an hour. 

How do you refinish the bayonet lug after grinding it off? That sounds like an easy enough project to be left with a quality upper.  Do you have to send it out?

I didn't send mine out at all. 

I used some blue painters tape around the barrel a few inches in both directions, and just hit it with some flat black BBQ grill spray paint(it's high temp paint, so it'll be able to handle the heat of the barrel). It's held up for over a year now.  Probably not the ideal way to do it, but it works and you can hardly tell the difference.