boo

Stores that require an FID to handle a gun?

I know a shop in Flemington that would not even remove a handgun from the display case for me to look at without a FPIC & P2P.  Guy pretty much blew me off on every question I asked with the exception of one.  I asked what they charge for handling a handgun transfer and was told $75 + NICS...I won't be shopping there anymore.

I had the same experience in that Flemington store.  Told me his State Inspector said he had to do it.  I called BS on it, he shrugged his shoulders and walked away.  Wasn't interested even if I paid for it in full while I was waiting for the permits to come back.  Would have been happy to sell me ammo with my FPID though, but no touchy on the handguns without a valid P2P in hand.  I haven't been back.  A shame too, they had some interesting inventory at the time but they can keep it.  

I hate NJ. I hate gun stores in NJ. There was only one gun store I liked and it moved away. He practiced common sense and was very professional. I for the life of me can not understand how you could open a business and not know or bother to know the rules. I say post the names fuck their feelings. It is obviously ok and acceptable to them to have these practices. PUT THEM ON BLAST!

I hate NJ. I hate gun stores in NJ. There was only one gun store I liked and it moved away. He practiced common sense and was very professional. I for the life of me can not understand how you could open a business and not know or bother to know the rules. I say post the names fugg their feelings. It is obviously ok and acceptable to them to have these practices. PUT THEM ON BLAST!

I'm with you , screw them ! NJ is a complete crap hole ! i have purchased my last firearm from any dealer in NJ. I will only buy online while i remain in this state.

Most shops are a little over priced on firearms, over charge for transfers and in general don't give a crap about CS or knowing the law. I continue to count the days when i will be gone from

this oppressive dump

Last I remember, heritage guild Branchburg made me keep FID on the glass when looking at a pistol.

Effingers didn't ask for anything, but again, it's been some time.

I hate NJ. I hate gun stores in NJ. There was only one gun store I liked and it moved away. He practiced common sense and was very professional. I for the life of me can not understand how you could open a business and not know or bother to know the rules. I say post the names fuck their feelings. It is obviously ok and acceptable to them to have these practices. PUT THEM ON BLAST!

I agree and the very reason I purchase my firearms and ammo from my FFL and the internet. After an initial encounter with a gun store in Sayerville I find it difficult to do business with NJ dealers.

The other thing that bothers me is hyper sensitivity to cell phones.  HG in Branchburg is crazy. 

One of the ladies that works there scolded someone for answering their phone.  Now I understand rules, but she was trying to make some asinine point that cell phones can compromise their security, which is completely ridiculous.   

Griffin and Howe In Bernardsville doesn't ask for any anything, plus you get to wander among the racks and pick up and examine whatever* strikes your fancy.  If you haven't been there, it's worth the trip.

OK, nearly all of their inventory is high-end eye candy I can only drool over, but after walking in and shouldering a $98,000 Holland and Holland without producing any paperwork, I find it really annoying to have to jump through all the hoops before I can handle some old $200 beater pump gun at another shop.

*Not quite everything is on the racks, the guns above $100K seemed to be in cabinets.   Priciest one I saw was a $299,000 Perazzi set.    Egads.

I don't think it would be a bad thing to put together a flyer of common NJ misconceptions refuted by cited law.  Having a fairly prominent organization as the letterhead wouldn't be a bad idea either.

If this were my pet project, I would put it all together and THEN shop various organizations who might like to participate/endorse it.  It might be a neat operation especially if it were to immediately follow a larger operation directed at getting the local towns to actually follow the law like Operation Strikeforce or something like that.

I would bet with a two pronged approach like that (ie hitting the towns immediately followed by telling the FFLs what IS and IS NOT the law) it might even be news worthy.

I am one that believes it should be policy to present an FiD card, because I want to ensure those fondling guns can purchase them.

good thing you live in NJ or you would be walking around with pants filled with poopy...

The vast majority of other states in this once great Country do not have any sort of requirement like the FID.