Njbanshee

22 lr is coming back

i have not noticed that any more was coming in at a reasonable price..  a 500 box of federal for $30-$40 would be a decent deal at this time, but those are nowhere to be found..

leaving aside Golden Bullet, has anyone noticed Mini Mags, Fed Champion, Win M-22 or that sort of ammo actually in stock anywhere?  Cuz I havent been able to locate it

You guys will have to excuse the potentially dumb question I'm about to ask.  I was out of the country for a while only to come back to .22 LR and .22 WinMag being impossible to get.  WTF happened?  I was astonished to see such limited supplies.  The couple places that did have a box or 2 must be selling gold plated ammo at the prices they were quoting. 

You guys will have to excuse the potentially dumb question I'm about to ask.  I was out of the country for a while only to come back to .22 LR and .22 WinMag being impossible to get.  WTF happened?  I was astonished to see such limited supplies.  The couple places that did have a box or 2 must be selling gold plated ammo at the prices they were quoting. 

Welcome back.....  There was a shooting in connecticut that got the government on the "lets ban everything" kick and the hording of ammo started.  Also, Obama has proven to be the best gun and ammo salesman ever in this country!!  Lets give him a hand for such a great accomplishment!  All added up it became teh perfect storm of gun and ammo shortage.  Most things have recovered somewhat but rimfire ammo is still tough.

That is the very very short version of it.

Ken

i have not noticed that any more was coming in at a reasonable price..  a 500 box of federal for $30-$40 would be a decent deal at this time, but those are nowhere to be found..

leaving aside Golden Bullet, has anyone noticed Mini Mags, Fed Champion, Win M-22 or that sort of ammo actually in stock anywhere?  Cuz I havent been able to locate it

I picked up Champion at Heritage last week for $30.

And even the ammo that's available in any caliber is 3X what the price was a year and a half ago.   Add to that the fact that some calibers are only showing up on-line postage makes 4x the price it used to be.  Like gas and oil, once the shortage is over the price will never go back down.   We've shown that we'll pay what they're charging.

The only case of .22 I've gotten straight from my distributor was cci minimags. Everything else I had to search around and over pay for. I sold federal bulk packs for $35 each a few days ago and the guy complained saying it should be $20. I told him show me it for $20 and I'll buy it.

He's right, it should be $20. SHOULD! The point I am trying to make is that 22 is slowly coming back around. Prices are higher, but it's available. Let's hope it continues to become more and more available. With more availability the prices might come back down.