Njbanshee

22 lr is coming back

I've got a bullseye gun that seems to feed nothing reliably except for CCI Standard Velocity.  Which I can't find.  I last stumbled into a brick at Dicks 6-8 months ago.  It never seems to come up on Gunbot.net.

Any leads?  I could use a couple of bricks.

Thanks.

I've got a bullseye gun that seems to feed nothing reliably except for CCI Standard Velocity.  Which I can't find.  I last stumbled into a brick at Dicks 6-8 months ago.  It never seems to come up on Gunbot.net.

Any leads?  I could use a couple of bricks.

Thanks.

lol..  good luck..  i havent seen CCI either SV or HV in a while now...

I'm on notification for at least 100 shipments. Got one the other day, the first in months. Unfortunately didn't open my email until 18 minutes after it was sent. SOLD OUT. Not only that, but most places that have it in stock have strict limits. Yeah, you can get 500 rounds for $25, but after spending $28 for S&H you might as well go to Armslist.com.

i agree link please because i am two hours from dunkleburgers

That's $4 less than they were selling it for last summer. However, they had a two-box limit. You drive 2 hours there, two hours back, that's 90 miles at least. You'll be spending $15 in gas not to mention aggravating your hemmorhoids during the long drive.

It is a fun store, though. Lots of nice used rifles.

Id never drive two hours for ammo. Dunkleburgers is definitely cool we used to go in the stroudsburg store whwn i went to ESU. every time my friend wanted a tattoo, we would go to this little shop and it was down the street from dunkles in the burg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Addendum: I check Ammoseek.com every couple of days. For the past year, that's at least 200 checks. I've never seen 22lr for less than 8 cents a round. Every time I've seen it for that price it was out of stock. But I actually have purchased some for that price, on armslist.com.

Today when I checked the cheapest was 12 cents/round.

Sorry, .22lr is not "coming back" in any meaningful sense.

You might be able to pick up a box here and there for $23, but there are always limits and a box would last me two weeks. 

I have to say the last month or so it has become even harder to find.  My normal spots (Cheyenne and Tanners) used to have at least some at reasonable prices but the last few times I stopped they had none. 

So, from my very limited sampling I would say it has become a bit more scarce recently.

I've been experiencing exactly the opposite. I've received several notices within the past week from online dealers, of .22lr ammo that has been either "discontinued" or which cannot be delivered to the vendor. My guess is that the Ely match for 4.5 cents/round (my original order in October, 2012) was only discontinued at that price level. Ely has not, to my knowledge, exited the business of making quality .22lr.

If you look at ammoseek.com you'll see the same crap as a year ago: occasionally 8 cents/round but limited to one box, which makes shipping ridiculous. Plenty of ammo for 12-14-20 cents/round, etc. 

.22mag and .22shorts are ridiculously priced, and only a few dealers have them. You'd think those calibers would be plentiful, relatively speaking, because they're not very popular.

.357 mag is actually MORE expensive now than the local shop ripoff price I paid 18 months ago.

I can understand these dealers running out in 10 minutes. I cannot understand how they are completely unable to get .22lr at all.

I'm not a conspiracy nut but guys, there is a lot more to this shortage than simple hoarding. You'd think individuals who desired 15,000 rounds of .22lr already have their 15,000 rounds. By the way that isn't even that much. About 50 trips to the range.

Received notification from MidwayUSA that Winchester "target" 22lr was available @ $28.00 for 500.

20 seconds later went online...still in stock.

Went to my shopping cart, had 5 items in it already. Now the shipping fee of $19 makes sense, sort of.

Entered new CC info. Proceeded to checkout.

Popup informs me that the .22s are sold out.

F me.

Purchased about 2,300 rounds of 22 over the past 2 weeks..  some mini mags from natchez (1000 rds), some cci ar tactical from cabelas (1800 rds) and some fed game shok from midsouth ss (500 rds)..  each was about 8¢/round, give or take half a cent....  basically, you have to be checking gunbot/ammoseek all the time and also keep an eye out for deals posted on the forum regularly..  that seems to be the only way to get any deals because they sell out too fast..  the cabelas deal, in particular, was unplanned since they had a limit one on the site but it allowed you to order as many as you wanted (glitch), so there were a number of us who ordered multiple boxes (i got 6, 300 rds each box)..   sometimes you just gotta get lucky