Scorpio64

Sound Off - Military and LEO Roll Call

Yes Marines do. Probably because mops and pens and pencils dont stop intruders too well Neither does 2 days of practice with an m16. Marines are first in and first to die. We got the balls the others dont Love you alll. Peace out

Marines make the best Navy base gate guards...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, somebody responsible has to watch the children!!!   Thats why we also had the brig.

but I will admit that the Navy chow was the best.   San Diego Navy base-1957.  

Yes it is. Six years for me and have two sons serving now. Some of the best and worst times of my life. 

I'm in on a 6 year contract right now, only about a year and 4 months in.  Feels a lot longer.  So far I've only really experienced the worst times lol.  What's your story, and the story of your sons?  Rate?  Station?

I'm a mechanic in the nuke program.  Spent about 9 months down in Charleston after basic in A-school and Power school.  Now I'm in Ballston Spa, NY for the last part of training.  I'll likely hit my 2 year point right after I report to my first boat.  Hoping to go to San Diego, should find out in about 3-4 months.  Volunteered submarines, so they can send me anywhere there are carriers or subs.

Screw a sub bro take your freedom in a ship! Ask any submariner about being under and what you have to do! 1 hot racking is disgusting to me! 2 your a lil bitch and can't even watch tv until you earn your submariner pin! 3 the oxygen level is always low so you feel shitty and groggy then when it's time to field day the pump up the oxygen level so you feel like a million bucks then turn it back down after field days over!! 4 50/50 coming back to the surface once your underwater!! Pick the ship

I don't lump leo in with mil and don't understand why people feel the need to do this.  Both of these professions are so different, compensation worlds apart, and threat levels are not even close.  It's like saying any civil service job should be given props.

That is not meant disrespectfully to anyone or their career fyi, just an honest observation.

Thank you to all our men and women in uniform both past and present protecting our borders, keeping the fight off our streets and in the $hitholes of the world.

I'm in on a 6 year contract right now, only about a year and 4 months in.  Feels a lot longer.  So far I've only really experienced the worst times lol.  What's your story, and the story of your sons?  Rate?  Station?

I'm a mechanic in the nuke program.  Spent about 9 months down in Charleston after basic in A-school and Power school.  Now I'm in Ballston Spa, NY for the last part of training.  I'll likely hit my 2 year point right after I report to my first boat.  Hoping to go to San Diego, should find out in about 3-4 months.  Volunteered submarines, so they can send me anywhere there are carriers or subs.

No way, just up in Sarasota as my youngest graduated the Nuke program yesterday. He is a nuke ET. Two years of training after boot. He was in SC until prototype up in NY. He is getting his first boat the USS New Hampshire, a fast attack Virginia class. He reports next week. There was a bunch of MM graduating with him and heading to Ballston Spa for further training, were you one of them? Did you happen to graduate yesterday and are now taking ELT training? If so please PM your name, would be funny if you guys were in training at the same time.His brother has 8 years in and is currently stationed in Singapore, he is also an ET, though not Nuke. I was an AT that worked on F-14's, I was on the Nimitz and Carl Vinson but that was many years ago.

Don't worry the good times will come when you hit the fleet, and hopefully that school will be your only bad times. Depending on what type of boat you get you will hit some interesting places. My son who is in for eight years was stationed out of Japan and has been to Russia and mainland China. Funny they were who we always trained against when I was in. 

No way, just up in Sarasota as my youngest graduated the Nuke program yesterday. He is a nuke ET. Two years of training after boot. He was in SC until prototype up in NY. He is getting his first boat the USS New Hampshire, a fast attack Virginia class. He reports next week. There was a bunch of MM graduating with him and heading to Ballston Spa for further training, were you one of them? Did you happen to graduate yesterday and are now taking ELT training? If so please PM your name, would be funny if you guys were in training at the same time.His brother has 8 years in and is currently stationed in Singapore, he is also an ET, though not Nuke. I was an AT that worked on F-14's, I was on the Nimitz and Carl Vinson but that was many years ago.

Don't worry the good times will come when you hit the fleet, and hopefully that school will be your only bad times. Depending on what type of boat you get you will hit some interesting places. My son who is in for eight years was stationed out of Japan and has been to Russia and mainland China. Funny they were who we always trained against when I was in. 

I probably wouldn't know him.  I just recently reported to where your son graduated from.  You can mention my name, Victor Frazier.  I doubt he will know it though.  I'm a couple classes behind him, and you tend to not know as many people between rates as you do in your rate.

Well Vic good luck to you. Your chain of command up there are extremely nice. I met all the upper echelon including the CMC and the Commander. Please keep me apprised of your progress and where you end up after training. You can PM me if you want. I am extremely proud of him, I know how tough the program is, and when you make it through you can be extremely proud of yourself. God speed to you and I hope you get the boat you want. He is very happy with his assignment and will earn his dolphins soon. His brother has his surface warfare qualified and is hopefully doing his 20. He is currently in Singapore, poor guy it's always 88 degrees and sunny....