ogfarmer

S251 Title: Clarifies definition of reasonably necessary deviation when legally transporting firearm or weapon in motor vehicle.

I think this bill is a small step in the right direction, but still omits a number of basic tasks that most of us would consider normal.  

As Newtonian articulates, stopping for food is still not allowed.  So if I want to get up early on a Sat. or Sun. morning to go to the range to practice, before the crowds appear later on, I still cannot stop at a local diner for breakfast, if I have a firearm properly stored in the back of my vehicle.  It does not make any sense and is a real inconvenience, but if I were to do that, I would be breaking the law.

While the chances of getting caught doing something like this are low, the concern is for that small chance of the unpredictable event happening, i.e. your parked vehicle getting struck by someone elses vehicle while you are ordering your eggs and bacon, or some other highly unlikely but still possible event.

Oh well.....  I guess I will have to enjoy breakfast at home before going to the range.

Risk = Frequency X Consequences

Van drew's bill which made it out of committee last year but was buried by Sweeney and never brought to a vote. I still don't know how they even get away with breaking the rules so blatantly.

Probably because there's no consequences for it. It's not like they get called out in any meaningful way (as in, not on a gun forum). Furthermore, we don't even know what to do.

Also, I'm a bit out of the loop--but reading this thread, are they trying to limit magazine capacity again? I didn't hear anyone panicking, so I'm confused.

Not yet, but they're only waiting for a D to take over BigBoy's chair so they can reload all their chambers with all the anti crapola and not have to worry about a veto.

Glad my girl lives in PA. Also looking to start applying for jobs over there in a few months.

Another one bites the dust.

Will the last gun owner that leaves NJ please turn off the lights. And, blow the bridges.

Bo Bridges?

I'm curious what law we think Sweeney broke by not bringing up for debate/vote? My understanding that was the big power of Speaker and done routinely at the state and national level.