magnawing

Hello from Warren County

Just found this forum.  Just getting back into shooting after a long break.  Spent 7 years in the USN 1985-1992...2 years in LE in S. Carolina...currently working as a Safety Consultant.

Getting back into shooting because my wife of almost 19 years mentioned a few months ago that she thought it would be good to learn to shoot (yay...win for me).  So for Christmas, I bought her a gift card to Heritage Guild in Easton and had her take the Handgun 101 for Women.  She really enjoyed it and wants to keep going (another win for me!!!)   Don't currently own any guns but submitting my FPIC application to Washington Twp PD after I get printed on Tues...hope they don't drag their feet.

She wants to keep going with .22LR until she's comfortable with shooting, then we'll move her up to a 9mm.  Don't plan on purchasing anything for a few years because we have a child with Asperger's and don't want to risk him accessing it...he could break a steel block if you give him the chance, let alone a safe...and he's very curious.

So, we'll keep renting at HG for a while.  Not the most cost efficient method but it will have to do.

Just found this forum.  Just getting back into shooting after a long break.  Spent 7 years in the USN 1985-1992...2 years in LE in S. Carolina...currently working as a Safety Consultant.

Getting back into shooting because my wife of almost 19 years mentioned a few months ago that she thought it would be good to learn to shoot (yay...win for me).  So for Christmas, I bought her a gift card to Heritage Guild in Easton and had her take the Handgun 101 for Women.  She really enjoyed it and wants to keep going (another win for me!!!)   Don't currently own any guns but submitting my FPIC application to Washington Twp PD after I get printed on Tues...hope they don't drag their feet.

She wants to keep going with .22LR until she's comfortable with shooting, then we'll move her up to a 9mm.  Don't plan on purchasing anything for a few years because we have a child with Asperger's and don't want to risk him accessing it...he could break a steel block if you give him the chance, let alone a safe...and he's very curious.

So, we'll keep renting at HG for a while.  Not the most cost efficient method but it will have to do.

Welcome. I am also Warren County (Independence Twp.).