RUTGERS95

handguards

I suggest you might burn your hand with gases or inadvertently slip your hand in front of the muzzle. Personally, I rather have a couple of inches left where if my hand slips I touch the barrel not the bullet.  On the other hand I hold the handguard as far as I can, but if you don't then why would you want a long handguard.

I suggest you might burn your hand with gases or inadvertently slip your hand in front of the muzzle. Personally, I rather have a couple of inches left where if my hand slips I touch the barrel not the bullet. On the other hand I hold the handguard as far as I can, but if you don't then why would you want a long handguard.

Sight radius and space for toys (that most of us don't have anyway)

I just put this on my SBR.. I have not had a chance to run it yet because Noveske is a huge disappointment (but thats another story)...

overall just by handling I can say I am very impressed with it.. love the feel of it.. 

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=66

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Seekins_Precision_SP3R_Competition_Handguard_V2_Ke_p/skn-sp3r.htm

I just put this on my first AR.  I really like it so far as it feels really good in hand and the fact that the bottom is square just seems right.  However, I have to run a linear comp as the barrel is 14.5" and the handguard is 15".  I don't have any pics of it on my personal upper at this time as it is living at my gunsmith waiting on the brake.

C

I just finished putting a 13" Troy Alpha on my 14.5" yesterday so that gets my vote.

BTW if you look at the specs for the 14" Fortis you will see that its actually 14.815".

Quick shot of mine before I cleaned it up after the install

20140118_142359_zps721fda2d.jpg

20140118_142442_zps8fcd1229.jpg

edit: fixed pics

I just finished putting a 13" Troy Alpha on my 14.5" yesterday so that gets my vote.

BTW if you look at the specs for the 14" Fortis you will see that its actually 14.815".

love them but will never buy Troy again

love it.. but flash light MIGHT be a little close to the shock of the muzzle.. 

I lost one lens having my light a little too far forward.. and was rocking the same muzzle device.. 

I lost one lens having my light a little too far forward.. and was rocking the same muzzle device.. 

i can see that.  on mine the lens and front of the flashlight gets filthy too.  im hoping it functions fine where i have it thought because its a real comfortable position for me.  and this example is ever further forward. 

Thanks, Yeah I was thinking about that too, but its really the only spot to mount it where Im comfortable activating the light. Ideally Id like to get a TLR-1hl and mount it @ 12 o'clock but thats not in the budget right now so this will have to do for now. Guess Ill see what happens whenever I get a chance to go to the range.

here is the my 13.5" noveske keymod on a 14.5" noveske barrel with BC1.5 Pinned.  normally noveske ships the 14.5" with an 11" keymod but i like the longer one myself

610BCF51-7791-49CA-B820-02C91B156312_zps

thanks, will look at this.  I definitely want to bring the handguard to base of the brake. 

I won't buy Troy, even for a $1

I have the samson evolution 12.37 in the mail going on my 14.5" BCM upper.

my favorite rails but too short.  I have two of their 15s and they are real nice.

Was also looking at the parallax tactical one as it's a just over 13 according to reports

Just something to think about.... is this to replace rails on a already built AR or a new build? who's doing the install? Do you have a pinned/welded muzzle device on there already?

Some of these rails use proprietary barrel nuts which will require replacement of the stock barrel nut. That doesn't sound difficult... and shouldn't be... unless you have difficultly removing your gas block/front sight... or if you have a pinned/welded muzzle device... or... you get the idea. 

I know for sure that the Centurion and the Fortis rails both use the stock barrel nut. (There are others out there that do too... Midwest, Troy, DD, etc.)