OchoBlue

Utah CCW - carrying / transporting to PA

Howard,

Crossing the State line and popping the trunk is like getting off the bar stool at yer favorite Gin Mill and heading for the Rest Room.  Once ya "crack the SEAL", you're gonna take a leak every two hours.  Pennsy law takes over once the TRANSPORTATION  is complete, because now you POSSES the gun.  Just like a Pennsy resident bringing a gun to a Jersey Match.  So 30-round mags for an AR or AK are perfectly legal to transport THRU NJ back into Free America, using FOPA, so long as you don't "crack the SEAL" (stop) to go antiquing along Rt. 10.........

FOPA doesn't mention magazines... so magazines may not be covered. 

^^True, mags aren't specifically covered EITHER WAY, but then neither is breathing, farting, eating or anything else us mere Mortals (read Serfs) have to do to survive.  Basically it can be construed (by Normal People, NOT Lawyers) that it might take a mag to make the gun work as expected.  Sorta like gasoline for a car..... 

FOPA also doesn't cover Rocket Launchers and L.A.W. Rockets, so those Gun-Runnin' California Senators better watch-out, lol!

Bottom line, a LOT of NJ ILLEGAL stuff flows-through NJ (firearms, vehicles that don't meet NJ emission standards, un-taxed cigarettes, etc., just to name a few off the top of my head) en-route to its' final, LEGAL destination(s).  This is where INTENT comes into play.  If I travel from a Free State to NJ (as a final destination) with the intent to STOP and use something I know isn't NJ-Legal, then I risk a problem.  If I'm traveling through NJ with a case of un-taxed cigs (bought for personal consumption) and a case of HP ammo while en-route to my summer home in a Free State in New England, and I get a flat, I won't fear persecution, but that's just me....

Idk why but this made me laugh! Basically we can transport firearms everywhere!!! Makes plenty of sense if you think about it.

Sure. You can transport them out of state, or within the exemptions in NJ. NJ state law only applies to NJ.