OchoBlue

PPU ammo - stay away ?

PPU is a good brand and a reputable one too.

With that said the quality and experince depends on the caliber. They do some calibers better than others.

They also dont separate the civilian vs police ammo for 9mm so the same round you use is used by Serbian Police and Army use and many other police and military in the neighbouring countries.

I ve shot 9mm PPU all my life , even before i lived in the US and its one of the better quality ones out there.

Same goes for their Tokarev 7.62x25 Ammo , the 7.62 Nagant ,.223 Rem/5.56, 8mm Mauser.

38 Special and .380 by PPU are very dirty and i would avoid them if you re looking at that.

No experience with their 357mag or 44mag or the 32ACP.

I've also shot a ton of their 9mm and .45 ACP.  Never an issue.

I just ordered some of this for my fast twist ARs: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2503224613/prvi-partizan-match-ammunition-223-remington-75-grain-hollow-point-boat-tail

It's the only brass cased heavy .223 open tip match at that price point.  Hopefully it shoots well. 

P.S.  Wolf Gold ammo is made by Prvi Partisan. 

Never had a problem with it either.  I've shot at least 1000 rounds of their 45 ACP in my 1911 without a single issue.  And, it doesn't appear any dirtier than WWB or Remington UMC.  Their 9mm has been just fine.  Their 38 Special FMJ is a lot cleaner than their 38 Special LRN, which makes sense.

I've also shot a fair amount of their 7.62 x 54R Match ammo.  It's very accurate and clean.  

Overall, I've been very happy with PPU.

+1 to all above, several boxes of 9mm PPU through Glock and CZ, not a single misfire or other issue. I was also quite skeptical about it when I first saw in in Walmart and bought mostly to try it out.

When I bought my ar I got a bunch of ppu 5.56 ran well no issues the flash is pretty big compared to other stuff I have used but the brake on my ar is weird and my mosin loves ppu

I'm probably going to get some ppu for my m1 garand

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've shot it in 9mm, 7.62 Nagant and a few others and had no problems. However 380ACP is awful. Many misfires and dirty as hell. Avoid at all cost!!!

I would say I've had the opposite experience............I find PPU's .380 ACP and .32 ACP are some of the few brands in these calibers that seem to function in all pistols I've tried them in and not any dirtier than than anyone else's ammo. American Eagle or UMC .380 ACP were useless.... made most pistols a jam-o-matic.

I've shot a lot of PPU, both pistol and rifle, never had any problems with it.