Sign in to follow this  
iCARRY

Going to Washington DC

The Holiday Inn I'm at is almost $400/night including taxes and parking. That's just a regular room.

Glad it's not my nickle.

It's insane to stay in DC....

And that is why I am not staying in DC, right outside with a short ride on the metro system is $185 a night for a suite with a full kitchen.

It might stink if the 3 year old gets too tired, but we just have to plan the timing out right. If she is having fun and being entertained she won't even need to nap. The 1 year old will sleep anywhere. Lol.

One thing I enjoyed in DC was the Capitol steps. They are a political satire performing group. I saw them during the height of the Bush years and they lampooned everyone including and especially the TSA.

They are former senate staffers and they are HILARIOUS. They perform at the Ronald Reagan building.

http://www.capsteps.com

I live just outside DC at the University of Maryland in College Park we have a Metro stop on campus. You dont need a car you can Metro to the general area then walk almost anywhere. Georgetown is nice to check out but there are no Metro stops. Do not go into South East. Im not sure if the Washington Memorial is still closed from that earthquake a couple years ago. You cant bring a knife into the air and space museum or the capitol building if you go on a tour, I forgot I had mine once. You can bring a knife into the art museums for some reason. 

PM me if you have any questions.

The Udvar Hazy museum is great and not too far away.

The Holiday Inn I'm at is almost $400/night including taxes and parking. That's just a regular room.

Glad it's not my nickle.

It's insane to stay in DC....

Wow. I remember staying at a Wyndham in downtown DC in the early 00s for 50 bucks a night. Looks like things have certainly gone up. But then again DC is a boom town now.

If you want a good place to eat there are a ton near Dupont Circle.

The national mall is a lot longer than it seems its a pretty far walk from the Capital to the Lincoln Memorial.

The Newseum is cool but a little expensive definitely worth it, you can touch a piece of the Berlin Wall. It says dont touch but everybody touches it.

The Holocaust Museum is great. I would make it a point to see it.

I took my kids to DC in Nov...My d is in a wheelchair. So I can tell you DC is so accessable (since you will be using a stroller (s) Use the Metro to get around. The people in DC was so helpful, if you pulled out a map people would come up to you and ask if you needed help...We took amtrak down from NJ into Union Station and stayed at Embassy Suites http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g28970-d84062-Reviews-or10-Embassy_Suites_Chevy_Chase_Pavilion-Washington_DC_District_of_Columbia.html#REVIEWS

They have a pool which your little ones will enjoy....This also has bkft included which saves money....Hope you have a wonderful time. My kids are teenagers and they had a great time and can't wait to go back...