jvheitz

Indoor OBPCC Match Friday Jan 31st @ OBRPC

Registration is now open at www.obpcc.org

PCC is an indoor carbine competition. It requires shooting from different distances and different positions. Distances are 10, 15, & 25 yards. Positions include standing, kneeling, sitting and prone. You will be shooting strong and weak side. If you can’t shoot from one or more of the listed positions, we will work something out with a minor penalty.

There will be three sessions as follows. 6-8, 8-10, 10-12. There are a limited number of shooters for each session.  Registered users click on Event Signup and signup for each relay you would like to shoot.  If you do not have a username, click on Member Registration and get a username so you can book your spot.  While on the site, check out the pictures and Course of Fire.  Each relay is only $5 ($20 for non-members).  You must be prepared and ready to shoot when it is your turn (mags loaded etc.).  So you should be there a half hour before your session starts.

For me its too expensive @ $20 a round and whatever they charge for my son.  One night I paid $60 for me and him to shoot PPC and while we had fun it's just too expensive.  This is for me.  For someone else it might not be a problem, and for that person I highly recommend both the PPC and PCC matches as they are terrific. The shooting format is interesting and the match directors and fellow shooters make it a great night.  

Many of the leagues let children shoot for free, or a discounted rate. Check with the league director and see what the charge is for children and what the age cutoffs are.

We have PPC in two weeks, Valentines Day. Check with Rosie and see what the charge for kids are with his league. He also does a special for non-members (adults) $30 for two relays plus the 50/50. I have brought non-members with me and they have loved it!

If your children want to shoot pistol, Ray & Mary run a great program that is very inexpensive. Children always shoot for free at their matches regardless at what range it may be. They hold regular practices and charge a nominal fee of $5.00 per session which includes ammo and targets($2.00 targets only). They also provide the guns to use if you don't have one. I think they hold practice at SCFGPA, OBRPC, and central. Two of the nicest people in the sport who give a LOT of time. Check out Mary's website for more info ...NJPistol.com.

Sorry for thread hijack.