Gunnz

WTS- MP40c----- Maybe, Need some adive

I purchased a MP40c last November as a CCW  (FL Permit) and I spend about 3 months out of state yearly in NC and Ohio.  I loved the look, and ergonomics  (but feels kinda chunky) and shot DECENTLY with it.

After a few sessions on the range, I bought an Apex Fss trigger kit, and turned the Mp40c into a firearm that I LOVED shooting.  Though it only has the 3.5 inch barrel, it shoots 3-4 inch groups at 10 yards.  To cut down on my ammo bill, I purchased a Storm Lake 40-9 conversion and it has also run flawless.  I wouldnt hesitate to carry it as a 40 cal or 9mm  (with conversion)

The other day, I was at a local shop, and asked to see the MP shield.  A little smaller, but once I put it in my hand, it was the best feeling pistol I have held.  I really enjoy how thin the shield is.

So the question is, do I sell the MP40c and buy  a sheid?  buy a shield and keep the 40c?  The MP compact series and shield are so similar do I even bother getting a shield?     I am so conflicted?!!! 

This has been my conflict also......

I also carry a M&P compact when out of state..... mine is a 9mm, but same frame as your .40 of course....  

I have held and shot the Shield......  for me.... there is just not enough of a difference for me to replace the Compact with the Shield. 

If the Shield really feels that good to you, I would buy the Shield, but keep the .40 with the APEX goodies.......  time will tell which one you will prefer to carry.  Your worst case is the Compact is retired to just a range toy...... no harm no foul.... 

This has been my conflict also......

I also carry a M&P compact when out of state..... mine is a 9mm, but same frame as your .40 of course....  

I have held and shot the Shield......  for me.... there is just not enough of a difference for me to replace the Compact with the Shield. 

If the Shield really feels that good to you, I would buy the Shield, but keep the .40 with the APEX goodies.......  time will tell which one you will prefer to carry.  Your worst case is the Compact is retired to just a range toy...... no harm no foul.... 

You can never have enough goodies..... I agree, not sure I would want to part with it.......

Of course like an idiot, I was so into looking at the shield and studying it, I didn't even look at the tag and the price.....  What do they typically go for locally?

Have you seen any used?

My Shield is my favorite pistol.  I know it doesnt answer your question, but it really is the perfect carry gun for me.  Im not very large (5'10, 170lbs) and it being only about an inch wide makes it perfect.  It shoots like a blessing as well (mine is a 9mm)

Maybe see if anyone wants to trade?  Or keep the M&Pc since you already have the conversion for it and just pick up a Shield to go with it...

After all the debate, I am keeping be m&p40 c , unless someone shoots me a great offer.... But

Just picked up the new XDS 4.0 from Steve at Monmouth Arms.....

It's as thin as the shield, but with a 4" barrel should have better ballistics and accuracy.