Bugsy732

Skeletonized AR15's in the works...

From recoil magazine:

X Products advises they are working they are now working on the “ultimate skeletonized AR15.” It is currently specced with a skeletonized Detroit Gun Works reciever, Timney Skeletonized trigger and X Products skeletonized X-15. They’re planning to use a 14″ Fortis Rev Forend, Mission First Tactical Minimalist Stock and Jess James skeletonized pistol grip. The receiver weighs just 6.6 oz.

As you can see, they are going for an “open” look. Seemingly obvious questions arise with regard to functionality in the face of detritus and weather, but there is no doubt it has aesthetic appeal.

Asked why they would build such a thing, X Products responded with “Why not?”

That seems as good an answer as any.

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/x-products-ultimate-skeletonized-ar15-38529.html#ixzz2rdvw1Wve

I dunno if I would get one... Just seems like too much material is missing.... On the other hand.. There is quite a bit of weight saved there.

post-6527-0-01255500-1390864157_thumb.jpg

Aesthetically, very cool. Practically... I don't think that's the point. It's a design exercise.

Start looking at some of the "chopper" websites/blogs. Lots of that there. Glass oil tanks, Glass rocker boxes on "Shovel Head"s. All kind of useless nonsense. Looks super cool, though.

And, if all else fails, remember "Hater's gonna hate!"

C

I concur. Hot garbage, unsafe garbage at that.

Also, there is a point of diminishing returns with weight savings on rifles. At some point while becoming less fatiguing to carry, it becomes fatiguing to shoot.

Could use it as a cooky cutter to make holiday shortbread cookies. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

I would much prefer this from an aesthetic/instructional standpoint:

http://www.superiorfirearmsllc.com/photo-gallery.html?view=album&album=5759918473376759377&page=1

Posted Image

Like one of those pimp mobiles with the red brake shoes... Just needs LEDs.. Oh Snap! Gives me an idea!

Muhahaha!!! I'm gonna pimp da (semi)-auto!

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro