Bugsy732

Charging handles..... Decisions decisions....

Had a BCM on first build, got a Rainier raptor for the next build, liked it so much that all my AR's now have the Rainier.

BCM's tend to extend farther away from the uppper, which can be both good and bad - easier to get a hold of, but also easier to snag on things.  Rainier still juts out enough to easily catch it with a support hand palm but has a more "aero" profile that seems to hang up on clothing/slings/straps less.

If you don't want an Ambi CH then why pay the extra money for it? I have the Mod3 and swapped it for the Raptor (I shoot lefty). I have also used this Tacops-1 and I haven't really decided if I like it or not. it is well made but very big. I like it on a rifle with big optics. but I like the raptor better.

I have used so many different CH's and I think the raptor beats them all so far.

https://www.facebook.com/TacOps1

Just ordered a Raptor. I think the over all look and the functionality will fit well with the rifle. I like the ability to be able to charge the rifle with either hand. I'll report back how i like it after it comes in and i get a chance to use it on a drill day.

Thanks for the input guys!

Survey:

Do you pull with both fingers grabbing both sides like a claw? Or just "swipe" one side like pulling a peg back?

Very curious. I've seen videos endorsing the one side grab, as it's a faster motion, but I'm clueless in real drills scenarios.

Bcm mod4 I like um swapped out all my others to them. Apparently the method behind the single hand swipe is to remain on target with your sights while charging the weapon. Don't vet me wrong I like the ambi raptor but I haven't played with one yet.... ugh... again you guys cost me more money.....lol....

Bcm mod4 I like um swapped out all my others to them. Apparently the method behind the single hand swipe is to remain on target with your sights while charging the weapon. Don't vet me wrong I like the ambi raptor but I haven't played with one yet.... ugh... again you guys cost me more money.....lol....

I can't keep on target with my support hand CH manipulation, don't know about you.

From what I understand, the one handed manipulation is so you don't have to remove your firing hand from the grip. These ch's were designed to strengthen the common failure areas in the mil spec handle. Thats why they are generally beefier and better pivot points.

FYI I had a bcm mod 3 that I very much liked until I tried the raptor. Nothing wrong with the bcm though. I feel that the raptor is easier to use with advanced malfunction clearance.

Survey:

Do you pull with both fingers grabbing both sides like a claw? Or just "swipe" one side like pulling a peg back?

Very curious. I've seen videos endorsing the one side grab, as it's a faster motion, but I'm clueless in real drills scenarios.

All, depending on the circumstances. Remember the charging handle isn't there just to charge the gun, but also to clear it and clear jams. Different strokes for different purposes.