Bugsy732

Forum Member Identifier - Shirts, hats, Rail covers anyone interested?

well with the shooting season quickly approaching I thought it would be a cool idea to put something together so the forum members here could spot other members at the range or wherever you wore it.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL FORUM GEAR. THIS IN NO WAY HAS ANY TIES TO THE FORUM OWNERSHIP. THIS IS AN OPEN PROJECT BY THE FORUM MEMBERS FOR THE FORUM MEMBERS TO PRODUCE SHIRTS, HATS, RAIL COVERS AND OTHER ITEMS WITH A UNIQUE LOGO. 

For what it's worth, I Have emailed the forum owner about a week ago and have not had a response. So i figured the membership could still do something that would let us "spot each other" when out and about and not violate the forum ownership's right to the NJGF Logo.

First step in the project is to decide on a "common name" we can use. In another thread i came up with the name "Garden State Shooters" and mocked up this quick logo

154312324.jpg

I figured this logo would lend itself to a cost effective screen print as well as size out property on the back of a shirt, down a shirt sleeve or across a hat, even embroidered on a gear bag.  I can get mock ups of the logo on shirts and other items pretty quickly as well.

I am open to ideas and suggestions please post up your comments. If you have an idea for another name or if you come up with better artwork please post so the other members can get involved.

If there is no interest in something like this then i will consider it a dead issue.

I prefer a logo or abbreviation type thing, I wear firearm themed stuff but ones that are not so in your face

I think we need more "in your face" branding (that isn't so tacti-cool or "molon labe") to show non-shooters that those of us in the gun "club" are just normal every day guys and gals.

I think the logo above strikes a good balance.  You're not hiding that you like to shoot, but you're also not plastering AR-15's all over everything.

oh sorry, I THOUGHT the post said, something to wear so forum members here could spot each other.

Yes it's so people can identify each other but due to the fact that the forum owner maksim hasn't bothered to reply to the guys trying to do this they aren't going to use the njgf stuff since the rights are probably owned by him. So like I said they aren't looking for njgf shirts.

Caps and underlining huh? Oh boy

No disrespect to Bugsy732 and the idea as a whole, but I agree with tj462nj. As long as the idea is to help spotting each other at public ranges etc., it should bear something related to "NJGunForums.com".

Just keep in mind that not everyone visits forums every day and even less people go through each and every thread. Unless it is posted on all pages that "GS Shooters" = "Guys from njgunforums.com", 99% of people will not even know about that. I would not have known about that if I don't open this thread today and would have just probably thought that GS Shooters is some kind of a club / hunting organization.

If "njgunforums.com" can't be used (though I don't really know why Maksim or whoever else might be against free advertisement for this board), then I am afraid anything else will be just plain dead from the very beginning.

Just my IMO

No disrespect taken. I would love to have a Njgf shirt but there is no way to get one. When the idea to have some Branded shirts made up was proposed in another thread it was shot down because there was no involvement from the forum management/ownership. People were also worried about the legal implications of using the forum name and logo without getting approval from the forum management.

If someone can get maks on the phone or even to respond to my inbox I would be happy to do all of the leg work and let maks bless the project and take care of the sales and shipping. But until then there is no response to my inbox messages.

Don't get me wrong if no one wants these then so be it. I just thought it would be a good alternative since we can't get ANYTHING NJGF.com related now.

I would buy some shirts, most active forum members will know our sub forum brand of NJ Shooters. And thats the idea, not to direct more members to the forum. If the owner of the forum wanted that then he would have by now responded to the last thread, or contacted Bugsy about it. The silence to me indicates he has no interest or is too busy to be bothered. I dont care if the shirts promote the forum or not honestly. They're for us not the forum anyway. Its this or we all ware name tags to the range that say " hello my name is Steve AKA Deerslayer from NJGF". I would rather not do the name tag lol.

One idea for the shirts I have it would be cool if we could get our forum screen names printed on them. I would pay extra for that.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

You know how they put very serious thought into all the items on dollar bills so that each one stands for so much? We need to do something like that in a logo/crest. Something we can all be proud of and our friends see us, get jealous they don't have something that cool and buy one themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk