OchoBlue

Gen 4 Glock 23 / Gen Glock 19 perceived recoil

I was wondering if anyone has shot a gen 4 glock 19 and a gen 4 glock 23 extensively.

I'm not looking to start a caliber war, but was curious if there is a big difference in perceived recoil / snappiness between the two using both FMJ target ammo and SD rounds?

Thanks !

I've shot the glock 23 in both gen 3 and 4, extensively the .40 round has got some snap to it, but it is very manageable. As strange as it sounds it shot smoother with the speer 180 jhp than the 125gr frangible practice rounds, it was minor but I could tell. I am not promoting the speer but it was just what I had to shoot with.

The 19 shoots very smoothly with 147 grain (my fav) and I also tried 124+p in it, No big recoil difference for me.

I was wondering if anyone has shot a gen 4 glock 19 and a gen 4 glock 23 extensively.

I'm not looking to start a caliber war, but was curious if there is a big difference in perceived recoil / snappiness between the two using both FMJ target ammo and SD rounds?

Thanks !

yes big difference. both are controllable but the 23 is definitely snappier

I own a Gen4 G23, Gen2 & 3 G19 and my buddy has a Gen2,3 & 4 G23 and Gen4 G19.

The G19's shoot a bit softer w/ less muzzle flip.

The Gen4 G23 shoots softer than previous gen's.  I've shot a Gen4 G19 and didn't find the recoil signature that much different from the Gen2/3.