Sign in to follow this  
Targetpractice

hmmm mpro 7 or froglube?

FrogLube. This stuff is awesome!!! Worth every penny. 

i do like froglube a lot too. the issue with it is the application process is a pita. M pro is also amazing. m pro is more of the traditional cleaning method. In my opinion the froglube and mpro7 are the two best cleaning kits on the market

I recommend Fireclean. If you like Froglube then you will love Fireclean. Similar products but Fireclean is much easier to apply and is odorless. No Ben gay smell like Froglube.

Don't think of Frog Lube as "Ben Gay"  - Think of it as "Wintergreen."  :D :D

Never had problems using M Pro 7, Militec, or Breakfree CLP.  Was curious about Frog Lube but I don't want to waste the money I spent on the previous lubes..maybe I'll look into those when my current supply run out.  Same with FireClean.  

This vid might be able to help you decide

Never had problems using M Pro 7, Militec, or Breakfree CLP.  Was curious about Frog Lube but I don't want to waste the money I spent on the previous lubes..maybe I'll look into those when my current supply run out.  Same with FireClean.  

This vid might be able to help you decide

I never go by those videos. there is tons of them on youtube. they all have different results. It doesnt test the oil how it's used on a gun. I dont leave my guns outside in the elements and i dont spray salt or fresh water on them either. all those videos show is corrosion resistance if you forgot your gun outside for 2 months. Im more interested in whats gonna protect my finish in a high friction and heat environment. Those tests dont show which cleaners work better or what lubrication handles wear better. 

I used mpro on my gun last night. Reason being? I was a little nervous that it would be tough to get the froglube paste out of the 25LPI gripping

Moved my "dirty" guns (22lr, ar's) to Fireclean and what a difference.  Cleanup is a lot easier, especially those nasty 22LR pistols.  Even treated the bore on the 22LR and de-leading the bore is a lot easier.

I never go by those videos. there is tons of them on youtube. they all have different results. It doesnt test the oil how it's used on a gun. I dont leave my guns outside in the elements and i dont spray salt or fresh water on them either. all those videos show is corrosion resistance if you forgot your gun outside for 2 months. Im more interested in whats gonna protect my finish in a high friction and heat environment. Those tests dont show which cleaners work better or what lubrication handles wear better. 

I used mpro on my gun last night. Reason being? I was a little nervous that it would be tough to get the froglube paste out of the 25LPI gripping

Do you use your gun when you sweat? I do. My results with the stuff I have used that the video has is in line with their results. In my experience, CLP outperforms frog lube in corrosion resistance by a bit and neither are super awesome.

IMO frog lube is NOT worth the price. I was jazzed for a non stinky wax/grease, and it doesn't cut it compared to most every other grease I have used in terms of staying where you put it. The liquid is on par with CLP at a higher price, but it smells not too awful, which might justify it for you. 

Currently, I use FP-10. a teeny bit more than CLP, it has a kind of cinnamon like scent to it. A coating lasts longer, but corrosion protection is about the same. 

I really don't rely on anything to CLP. THE C part gets done by a separate product, I just want a good all around LP. They all seem to be not that far apart unless you start going with a separate lube and protectant. Unfortunately simultaneous use of most L and P standalone products is contraindicated. 

There are three I actively avoid. 1) Wilson grease. It's not a grease IMO, and does not stay in place well as well as not cleaning or protecting. kind of a waste of money. 2) Boeshield. t-9. I've only ever found the spray. It's a decent protectant, but aa crap lube. It dries to a weird coating. On polished surfaces, not so bad, on matte surfaces it seems to stay sticky and pick up dust and lint. The real killer is that it penetrates, and I have had it cause unsafe conditions on multiple 1911 pattern guns by negatively interfering with the fire control parts. 3) militec-1. The stuff seemed to actively promote corrosion. Total crap as a lube. I got mine as a free sample in a grab bag and was pissed with the results. 

Do you use your gun when you sweat? I do. My results with the stuff I have used that the video has is in line with their results. In my experience, CLP outperforms frog lube in corrosion resistance by a bit and neither are super awesome.

IMO frog lube is NOT worth the price. I was jazzed for a non stinky wax/grease, and it doesn't cut it compared to most every other grease I have used in terms of staying where you put it. The liquid is on par with CLP at a higher price, but it smells not too awful, which might justify it for you. 

Currently, I use FP-10. a teeny bit more than CLP, it has a kind of cinnamon like scent to it. A coating lasts longer, but corrosion protection is about the same. 

I really don't rely on anything to CLP. THE C part gets done by a separate product, I just want a good all around LP. They all seem to be not that far apart unless you start going with a separate lube and protectant. Unfortunately simultaneous use of most L and P standalone products is contraindicated. 

There are three I actively avoid. 1) Wilson grease. It's not a grease IMO, and does not stay in place well as well as not cleaning or protecting. kind of a waste of money. 2) Boeshield. t-9. I've only ever found the spray. It's a decent protectant, but aa crap lube. It dries to a weird coating. On polished surfaces, not so bad, on matte surfaces it seems to stay sticky and pick up dust and lint. The real killer is that it penetrates, and I have had it cause unsafe conditions on multiple 1911 pattern guns by negatively interfering with the fire control parts. 3) militec-1. The stuff seemed to actively promote corrosion. Total crap as a lube. I got mine as a free sample in a grab bag and was pissed with the results. 

i do use my guns when i sweat on a hot summer day. that is still far from the corrosion tests. I clean my guns after the range. I dont leave them out in the elements for 2 months. 

I use Hoppes and Rem Oil traditionally but use Ballistol on occasion and have tried Frog Lube which is OK.  Recently I have started using Mil-Comm more frequently and have found good results with it.  I figure Mil-Comm works well, its non toxic like Frog Lube and its made in East Rutherford so that works for me.

I prefer miltec. First i remove all the carbon build up with a brass brush and a small amount of hoppes. I then wipe my gun down with a few baby wipes, which works great. Then i use a very light coating of the miltec on the parts that need lube. I do this with my glocks, mp22, sig229, saiga 12 and 223. And for the bore i use a bore snake or a conventional brush and rod depending on the build up.