big five

In the market for a gun belt

Can some one point in the right direction? I know I need a stiff 1.5in belt. I was really thinking going with Blackhawk or 511 juat because I buy them locally... anything I need to know before I buy a belt.

I will also only be Carrying 2x a week

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Depends.  Casual?  Dress?

90% of the time when I carry I'm wearing a suit and I use a no-clip Remora Tuckable holster,  Go with that option and you don't need a belt.

If it's for dress Galco makes some great stuff.  The price is high, but you get what you pay for.

http://www.galcogunleather.com/1-1-2-belts_8_254.html

Else, I've carried OWB with a 5.11 rigger belt when I don't care what I look like and it works well.

I like this.. hopenit comes in black

I hAve that belt in od green/black reversible, I wear it every day. It's a nice belt especially for the price but the buckle needs some fiddling with to get really tight

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

I've worn one of two 5.11 gun belts with the permastiff inserts for a number of years, and I've been very happy with them.  As I write this, I have my phone, Sig Pro 2022 in a Serpa (and 14rds of 9mm), Leatherman Wave, and spare mag on my belt with no sagging/flopping.  Price is right on them, too.

I don't remember exactly how old the belts are, but they have lasted years...I can usually destroy a belt in a year or two...I'm thinking these are 3-4+ years old, maybe even older.  Only thing I can "complain" about is the permastiff insert cracked near the holes on onew of them, so the belt has more flex there.  However, it still holds just fine and is 100% useable.

I've worn one of two 5.11 gun belts with the permastiff inserts for a number of years, and I've been very happy with them. As I write this, I have my phone, Sig Pro 2022 in a Serpa (and 14rds of 9mm), Leatherman Wave, and spare mag on my belt with no sagging/flopping. Price is right on them, too.

what is an insert

what is an insert

Far as I can tell, the 5.11 belts with permastiff are a sandwich of leather, the permastiff insert, then leather, all sewn together.  The permastiff material seems to be a plastic or other heavy duty material that does not flex and keeps things secure without the belt rolling over, and is not removable.  I've had belts before that couldn't handle the weight of a single Leatherman Wave without rolling over.  I've got a full size 1911 in a Serpa on today and the 5.11 belt isn't going anywhere.