gleninjersey

What Are You Thinking About Purchasing?

Put in for 2 permits at end of January. Was just curious about what handguns other people may be looking at.

For me I'm seriously thinking of getting an EAA Witness match or some derivitative of. Would be looking at the 9mm and also to pick up the 22 conversion kit.

For 2nd permit there are many purchases I'm considering:

S&W MP

Beretta 92FS

A dedicated 22 prob a Ruger or Buckmark

A 2nd revolver?

Maybe an affordable (read Phillipine made) 1911

A Glock......gasp!

What is everyone looking at buying?

If you are considering a Beretta 92FS I would suggest you also look at a CZ-75B - I have both an think the CZ is a much better and more accurate gun.

Already havebthe CZ 75B. Considering the 92Fs because it is a beautiful and iconic gun.....and because I see them every so often as police trade in specials for very reasonable prices.

hmmm, tell me more!

who does the kits? S&W or is it aftermarket?

Its actually not a kit just a drop in barrel. I recently bought mine from Midway for $130 after a coupon. Made by Storm Lake. I believe KKM and a few others also make them. Barrel quality is at least as good or better than factory. Plus you have the benefit of the 40 coming with 3 15rd factory mags. No worrying about getting them blocked.

Another option is just ordering the 5" 9mm barrel from s&w. All reports are they function 100% reliably as a drop in.

I've had an interest in a 1911 for the last year or so, but I'm not sure if I want to dump the money on the one I want quite yet (Dan Wesson Valor Stainless). I've looked at tiding myself over with a Glock 21 gen4 so I can get into the .45ACP game. Also looked at the SAR K2 for similar reasons.

I'd consider a 5" Walther PPQ, but they don't make it with the paddle release and I like true ambi controls. Besides, I already have a PPQM1 and I don't really need or want a plastic, striker fired 9mm in the stable. I'm convinced the PPQ is the best firearm in that category, so why get another?

Aside from that, nothing else really peaks my interest. I want to expand my realm of experience with every purchase, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I'd like to eventually add a Tavor and an AK to the collection, but those are rifles and I don't want to get off topic.

Oh! Forgot to mention the Sig MK25 FDE. Looks to be one of a few firearms in Sig's line-up that didn't get fucked over by Mr. Kimber-dude.

What is everyone looking at buying?

I've burned my 1st two permits already. So, maybe, in another 1/2 year,  I'll look at getting two more. I'd be looking at upgrading from 9mm to .45acp. So, maybe a 1911 .45acp. Perhaps a .45LC revolver.

But there are other, more current priorities. Specifically, a 12G.  Probably a 930 class semi-auto.  

Not when I bought mine. Came in the Sig shoebox with 1 mag.

I think they've upgraded since then, perhaps. I took delivery on my P226 in late December. When I was there, I saw two SP2022 kits being prepped. They both had two mags and the level 3 paddle holster.  It's in a larger plastic box than a standard P226 box.