gleninjersey

What Are You Thinking About Purchasing?

HK USP Expert or Elite 9mm, or some flavor of Beretta 92G. The HK's need to be clean and complete; the Beretta I'm looking for a "good priced shooter" (doesn't have to be perfect, but I don't want a disaster either.) Have permits in hand too.

Peter I brought my buddy in today for that youth model 20g/.22lr brake action I asked you about on Monday. He bought it for his kid. I knew he would, it was funny when he first went inside and said "I never knew anyplace like this existed in NJ!" I believe he is hooked on your gun shop now lol...

Wow this is an old thread, here's to reviving it.  Well as Goose from Top Gun would say "the list is long and distinguished".  But taking things slow, I'd like to take a crack at concealed carry with this...and maybe pair it up with that Omega I want to buy to celebrate my 40th in less then a year.  If you can't tell already, I am a diehard James Bond fan. 

IMG_3899.JPG

16 hours ago, PingMerchant said:

Wow this is an old thread, here's to reviving it.  Well as Goose from Top Gun would say "the list is long and distinguished".  But taking things slow, I'd like to take a crack at concealed carry with this...and maybe pair it up with that Omega I want to buy to celebrate my 40th in less then a year.  If you can't tell already, I am a diehard James Bond fan. 

IMG_3899.JPG

Thanks for the reminder / nudge.  I need to get off my ass and pick one of these up soon.

• Thanks 1

Since the rules of qualification have changed for a CCW permit, I am considering purchasing  a .22LR pistol.  Much easier to qualify with and it avoids using  2 1/2 boxes of expensive 9mm ammo. Last time we all had to use about $50 or more worth of ammo just to qualify.

1 hour ago, DAHL said:

Since the rules of qualification have changed for a CCW permit, I am considering purchasing  a .22LR pistol.  Much easier to qualify with and it avoids using  2 1/2 boxes of expensive 9mm ammo. Last time we all had to use about $50 or more worth of ammo just to qualify.

The rules changed so that everyone has to do the same course of fire. I don't know who made you shoot 125 rounds, but the CoF is now 50 exactly.

Also, I'm not sure if you're just saying 9mm is more expensive than .22LR, or that your instructor made you use premium 9mm ammo.

I have the regular APX in all 3 sizes;  love them all.  

the Compact and full have great triggers.  the carry (smallest) not so great.

Ergo's are fantastic on all of them; even the tiny carry model.  

Compact is now my daily driver, its a great piece and they are not expensive!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

Nothing now unless one of my dream guns pops up.

Too many are obsessed with having so many guns.

Let me tell you you don't. You can be a 2A supporter with one gun.

@GRIZ What are your dream guns?

Mine are a Luger P08 9mm, AMT Automag and a Wildey!

2 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Nothing now unless one of my dream guns pops up.

Too many are obsessed with having so many guns.

Let me tell you you don't. You can be a 2A supporter with one gun.

I'm with you on that you don't need any guns to be a 2A supporter : )
I personally have 2 ARs, a 16" broom and a 10.5" other, a Berreta M9A3 and the APX A1 compact tactical will probably be the last addition to the fleet

7 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I recently saw an AMT Automag on Texas Gun Trader. 

Thanks,  those are the .22s not the real version! I had a chance to buy the Wildey.  It was 40 years ago and a LGS had a pair of Wildey's. He wanted $1,200 for each.  I wanted them badly and told my wife they would be a GREAT investment. She, of course said NO WAY!  At that time, $2,400 was 3 months pay for me!  

I still think I should have grabbed them.  The serial #s of the pistols were TEST-1 and TEST-2.  They were given to the US Army by Wildey for consideration.  They were both unfired!:mad:

7 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Thanks,  those are the .22s not the real version! I had a chance to buy the Wildey.  It was 40 years ago and a LGS had a pair of Wildey's. He wanted $1,200 for each.  I wanted them badly and told my wife they would be a GREAT investment. She, of course said NO WAY!  At that time, $2,400 was 3 months pay for me!  

I still think I should have grabbed them.  The serial #s of the pistols were TEST-1 and TEST-2.  They were given to the US Army by Wildey for consideration.  They were both unfired!:mad:

I don’t know much about them. I saw AMT, and immediately thought of the old AMT Hardballer long slide I had many years ago. 

It was a gorgeous gun, but holy hell, what a POS! Couldn’t get through a magazine without it failing to eject. 

I’ve got enough guns (GASP!!!!!), so not looking to buy anything.

Ok, that’s a lie. If/when Steyr comes out with a .300 BLK version of the AUG, I’m going balls deep. I really want to suppress one of those! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Displaced Texan said:

I don’t know much about them. I saw AMT, and immediately thought of the old AMT Hardballer long slide I had many years ago. 

It was a gorgeous gun, but holy hell, what a POS! Couldn’t get through a magazine without it failing to eject. 

I’ve got enough guns (GASP!!!!!), so not looking to buy anything.

Ok, that’s a lie. If/when Steyr comes out with a .300 BLK version of the AUG, I’m going balls deep. I really want to suppress one of those! 

The Wildey was made famous by Charles Bronson as it was gun of choice in his movie  "Death Wish"!  He killed lots of bad guys with that gun!:)

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

The Wildey was made famous by Charles Bronson as it was gun of choice in his movie  "Death Wish"!  He killed lots of bad guys with that gun!:)

Now I’m gonna have to re-watch that movie. Haven’t seen it in decades.