gleninjersey

What Are You Thinking About Purchasing?

I'm just about to submit my papers for a new P2P, and have a couple different models in mind.  It's gonna be either a Glock 23, or a Sig SP2022.  Right now I'm leaning towards the Sig because from all the reviews I've read the 2022 seems to be about as good as a P226 for almost half the price.  Anyone own, or have experience with the SP2022?

The Sp2022 9mm was my first Sig. Real nice shooter, and fits me well. I have since added  A P226. Bought it as A .22LR. Last friday my final X-change kit came for the 226. I now have 4 calibers on 1 frame. I must say the 9mm slide really took the P226 from A really nice gun to A great gun.  

You cant go wrong at all with either.

Kirk2022 - how do the exchange kits function? Any problems? I knew there was a 22 kit for the 226 but did not realize there were others. How are the prices on the exchange kita?

To swap out A kit you just release the slide, slip it off and on goes the different one. 10 Second change. The kits come complete with slide, barrel,guide rod, recoil spring, and 1 mag for what ever caliber you are buying. I bought A barsto barrel for my 40 slide in 357 sig no kit needed as it fits the 40 slide.

I paid 312.00 for the 40 kit, 279.00 for the 9mm, and 189.00 for the 357sig barrel.

For once... there is no gun I really NEEED to have...

Always on the lookout for a nice...

1. Colt Python, Blued or stainless, probably blued.  for under $1400.

2. Desert Eagle in 44 or 50... but only if REALLy good deal.

3. Glock 41 or 42... whichever the 380 is.  Shot it at Shot Show... loved it.

If I move out of NJ... cans, cans, cans, sbr's, a few more.

... and PS90... with a can.  Having a 50 round designed for magazine... capped to 10 rounds is just stupid.

Other longer "reach" guns... if a deal comes for...

1. NDM-86 or... real SVD..

2. Tiger (if I can't have either of the two above).

A house in Florida. Then cans, sbr's, etc.

LOL I just got here.  I am gonna buy a few handguns and maybe a rifle or two while we get our stuff together.  Sometime later this year hopefully we will start building on our 30 acres, and once I am set on my own land and house where I plan to be for long time, I will hopefully get the process rolling for a SBR AR i've always wanted and a suppressor for it (and maybe a few extra for things I have now).

Hopefully in two weeks I am putting the order in for a Sig P226 MK25 .  Beautiful gun, I've always wanted one, and great deal being offered.  I am also very interested in a 1911 and came close to being swayed to go for a Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded Stainless... but I want a TRP and can't afford one, I simply can't wait anymore, I want to buy my moving to FL present.  So I am going for a Sig MK25 and can try to slowly save for a TRP .. because I'd love the Loaded for a day or two and then resent it for not being what I really wanted...  but can't wait to put some pics of the Mk25 up when I get it.

I have my sights on an a FNH FX45 FDE $669 delivered to my FFL. I wanted a big heavy gun for home protection that could also handle the small black bears and gators in our area. This gun was designed for .45 +P and Buffalo Bore has a nice 280 or so Cast Lead bullet that they say will penetrate the skull or a shoulder of the bear. The gun holds 15 +1 .45 ACP rounds. How many .45s do that?  Has a rail for my TLR-1 light, ambi controls. Nice accuracy and an extra grip to insert depending on your hand size. Loaded with the cast +P it will take down any animal here. I also will get plain ball ammo in +P also which will penetrate car doors, etc. You get 3 15 round magazine and quality equal to HK as a lower price. These are the guys who developed the Browning HiPower. Quality guns as a good price.

I also will order the new M&P Bodyguard. At 12 ounces it makes a good BUG or decent primary with the right ammo. Improved sights and no more laser make it a winner at $300

Also to be bought soon is a HK USP Full size 9mm and HK P2000SK. The smaller HK will be used for ccw. It holds 10 rounds and has a LEM trigger. The USP can be carried cocked and locked, DA/ SA or DA/SA with a manual safety. All sorts of combinations for any taste.

Last but not least is the Sig M11-A1 I have on order. Civilian version of the pistol used by special forces, pilots and military agencies like NICS. They all carry them.

For the guy who has the Philippian 1911 on his list, consider a Ruger 1911. Very sturdy and did not jam on me once. My only problem with it was its mag capacity. Great gun for around $700. Well made. 

I like to get an MP Core 9mm with a sight.

Any FFLs not too far from Bridgewater area have a CZ75 Compact or EAA Match in stock. Lokking for 9mm.

How long did it take you to get your Permits from Bridgewater if that is where you are from? Waiting for mine to come in.

I would like to buy a S&W 500 with a 4" barrel. I have one permit left. Anyone see one in a NJ gun store please let me know. RTSP had one and sold it around January. Sucks I had my eye on it for a while. I'm going to do an Alaska Salmon fishing trip within the next year or two. I want to go with a "show stopper" for a side arm. Grizzly bears and 9mm's don't go well together.

I love my 500 with the 8 3/8 barrel. Gotta be even more punch with a 4" barrel

I imagine it will be, cant wait to get one to let you know how it feels. I shot a 454 once and it hurt my hand, so I assume it will be similar.

I like to get an MP Core 9mm with a sight.

How long did it take you to get your Permits from Bridgewater if that is where you are from? Waiting for mine to come in.

Near Brigewater.....took about 2 months. Would have been a few weeks quicker but had to wait for the PD to get 1 of the reference checks back. One of my references travels a lot.

Beretta PX4 Type C (constant action trigger) in 9mm. These have no decocker and no manual safety and the hammer is always in the half-cocked position. Beretta only makes these from time to time and it's been a while since the last batch. I was lucky to find a NIB Type C 9mm in Ohio on Armslist. Its on the way!

Here is a preview, notice the "slick" slide

2nhdawl.jpg