BD104X

Need a chrome plater....

I'm looking to get a pair of engine valve covers chrome plated, preferably in the Monmouth county area. Anybody suggest someone that does decent work and a reasonable price? I tried two guys in the area, one didn't seem to want to be bothered and the other wanted $175 EACH and I can get new chrome ones for not much more. Any suggestions?

Ever think about powder coating them.. less chance for rust..seems all chromed valve covers and timing covers always rust..

Just had a power steering pulley and power steering pump body powder coated in silver i will find pics and post them..

Edit found them used this color to match aluminum pulleys on engine this is my chevelle project.All parts are also clear coated and baked so the color is baked on and then cooled powder coated in clear and baked again.

powersteeringpump_zps636900d4.jpg

powersteeringpump1_zpscac24b67.jpg

powersteeringpump2_zpsc93e20bf.jpg

It's impossible to get anything chromed around NJ. You're going to have to ship it out of state.

Besides, that's a Chevy, valve covers are dirt cheap.

Those are billet rail fabricated aluminum covers, they are about $500 (roughly the equivalent of 10 Mustangs), plus they already have the bungs welded in for the vaccum pump so it would be easier and cheaper to have those chromed. As far as heat, it runs on alcohol so I could basically sit in traffic on the turnpike and never get over 160 degrees.

I tried Becker, he seemed annoyed and told me it was a bad time and I was "lucky I caught him there so late" ( it was 2pm). Took one look at them and said he couldn't do it because they had a coating on them. To be honest, it seemed like he just didn't want to be bothered. I tried Superchrome in Asbury Park (they also have some other name they go by) he said he could do them without a problem but he wanted $175 EACH. I had them done on my last car and it was like $150 for the pair. There are some other guys in the yellow pages I'll try, I just figured maybe a forum member had someone they had dealt with before and were satisfied with.

Those are billet rail fabricated aluminum covers, they are about $500 (roughly the equivalent of 10 Mustangs), plus they already have the bungs welded in for the vaccum pump so it would be easier and cheaper to have those chromed. As far as heat, it runs on alcohol so I could basically sit in traffic on the turnpike and never get over 160 degrees.

Please, show me where I can get $50 Mustangs, I'd love to get some parts for my '65.

Industrial Hard Chromium Co., Inc.

7 Rome St.

Newark, NJ 07105

Phone: (973) 344-2265

Fax: (973) 344-2812

this is the place we use for work. i have no idea how the prices are or if they will do it, but i can vouch for their work, its excellent.

Awesome, thanks.

Sorry, I didn't know it was an old one. I guess then it's the equivalent of 2 mustangs?

They're worth a little more than that. You're probably used to GM prices, Fords are a little more pricey since they're built without your tax dollars.

They're worth a little more than that. You're probably used to GM prices, Fords are a little more pricey since they're built without your tax dollars.

no fords are pricey because most of them are piles of rust. so the ones that are still around command a premium.