GunGuy

Eezox vs Froglube

I've never herd of Eezox, i'm going to have to try it out. Froglube does what it claims to do, and has a nice minty smell. I'm pretty happy with it, not happy about the price. Seal1 is a very similar product to Froglube that works well also/ smells like oranges. I always end up going back to Breakfree CLP. 

Clean barrel and chamber with CLP.

Clean rest of gun with Eezox.

Lightly coat all internal parts and barrel with eezox, let dry.

Little dab of tetra gun grease on rail guides.

Done.

I've been using eezox for years. One of my favorites. Just make sure to use in ventilated area. The evaporating carrier can get you lightheaded.

LA Police Gear is selling Frog Lube in the small 1oz tubes for a dollar each. I like the product and really like having a few of those little tubes in all my range, BOB and E and E bags. Non-toxic, smells nice and the lube versus oil won't make a mess if punctured.

I also carry some CLP in range bags as well. But those small tubes are handy to have. They fit nicely in your military style butt stocks like a M1/M1A or Magpul AR pistol grip or if you use a stock cheek pad with a pouch.

I just ordered some Seal1 from amazon so Ill let you guys know how I like that once i get to try it out. I know with the kids in the house and the fact that I don't have a well ventilated area aka garage to play with my chemical cleaners the whole froglube/seal1 idea of being safe to touch/breath etc is appealing to me.

Eezox is an excellent product, however, its primary purpose and benefit is as a protectant. As a simple lubricant, i'm sure its as decent as any other thin oil, but where it shines is adhering to the metals and keeping a protective coating on them to prevent corrosion. I have an aerosol can of Eezox and after shooting my surplus guns, i fully clean them and i give every rifle a solid coating all over the action and bolt and sometimes down the barrel depending on its condition. With that, i've never had any corrosion issues and some of these firearms might not get used for a year or so between outings. Even at that interval, when i pull them from the safe, the actions are still lubricated and corrosion free and that's all i could want from a protectant with my old guns. For a more modern gun without corrosion concerns, i think i'd choose another lubrication product like Slip2000 oil and EWG grease or Enos slide glide (or many of hte other modern products) to fit the bill.

LA Police Gear is selling Frog Lube in the small 1oz tubes for a dollar each. I like the product and really like having a few of those little tubes in all my range, BOB and E and E bags. Non-toxic, smells nice and the lube versus oil won't make a mess if punctured.

I also carry some CLP in range bags as well. But those small tubes are handy to have. They fit nicely in your military style butt stocks like a M1/M1A or Magpul AR pistol grip or if you use a stock cheek pad with a pouch.

I got Frog Lube recently, specifically because I read that it's actually surprisingly good at protecting guns that shoot corrosive ammo. The guy used it in a Mosin, shot hundreds of rounds of corrosive surplus, wiped the then-hot barrel with a little frog lube, and let it sit for a few weeks, apparently it was fine.

I got the frog lube for my AR15 because a friend of mine whose opinion I value highly, recommended it. Once I found out that it's apparently really good for milsurp rifles, and won't damage wood furniture, I picked it up, and have replaced the lubricants on most of my guns with it. (Organic chemistry stuff here-- to get rid of oil-based solvents/lubes, take a little Isopropyl-alcohol, soak them in it, and scrub them with a nylon brush. Petroleum products are non-polar, and thus you need a non-polar solvent to get rid of them (Can't use water). Isopropyl alcohol will dissolve solvents, allowing you to strip it before using frog lube. IPA also evaporates quite quickly, so you don't have to worry about any of it lingering inside the weapon.)

But I'm looking to testing Frog Lube for myself soon on the range (When school's done for the semester). I've already applied it, and if it's half as good as what people say, It'll be great. Oh, and here's a video testing it's heat resistance. It's quite interesting.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/15rL24/www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGKvkN0nZfQ/#

So I used the seal 1 on my AR build and just brought it to the range yesterday. So far Im impressed, I noticed the action began to almost lube itself as the gun heated up during use. I used the hairdryer method to apply the paste and as far as I can tell everything worked as it was advertised to. I am going to continue using the product on all my guns and I will check back in with you guys if anything comes up.