byanymeansnecessary

Question Selling used but like new item

I usually put a title of "Like New In Box" for those types of things.  Let people know you took it out, mounted it, etc but that it is in near perfect condition and comes with everything from factory.  Expect to lose somewhere in the vicinity of ~20-30% of full retail.

like new in box unless it is a scope without an integral mount. You put a scope in rings badly, and supid can impact function without minimal cosmetic harm. Also you tell me a scope is new and it has mount marks even if it were installed correctly, and I would not be a happy camper. 

So like an aimpoint pro you took out and spun the knob on the included mount to mount it and took it back off ASAP? LNIB. 

A burris 3-12 scope where you have to put it in rings, I want to know it was mounted, and once mounted = used. Feel free to explain the use is light and it is mint/near mint, but I want to know it was mounted. 

like all above, if its been take out and mounted on something, its technically used..  if its never been used with live fire, LNIB is typically acceptable with the brief explanation of "mounted but never fired"..  most wont bat an eye at that and will save them a few bucks..  (as someone else said above, once you mount it, 15-20% reduction is pretty standard)