remixer

Official Wise Food Group Buy

I think it was a general statement... No one will account for every illness a person might have which is why its up to the consumer to know what he needs.

I'm sure people with other health problems might not want to use most of the Long Term food items..

There are healthy people who use gluten free as a healthy option hence the reason for that in the description.

There are healthy people who use gluten free as a healthy option hence the reason for that in the description.

I understand that.  I realize that gluten free is a fad for many people.   For the female members of my family it's not a fad it's a requirement.

I was considering buying something until I read that statement, it's frankly insulting to people who have a medical issue with Gluten.   Accurate diagnosis of Celiacs requires a colon biopsy and a blood test, it's an actual auto-immune disease directly related to gluten intake.  In the US, about 1% of the population has some sensitivity to Gluten and it's in everything.

I understand that.  I realize that gluten free is a fad for many people.   For the female members of my family it's not a fad it's a requirement.

I was considering buying something until I read that statement, it's frankly insulting to people who have a medical issue with Gluten.   Accurate diagnosis of Celiacs requires a colon biopsy and a blood test, it's an actual auto-immune disease directly related to gluten intake.  In the US, about 1% of the population has some sensitivity to Gluten and it's in everything.

Again...... Text that is used for sales of a product will always be directed at the masses and not small groups of people. If it were the disclaimers would be larger then the can...  

As you said its a fad for many people and the text was directed at them not the 1% of people that have serious medical issues with gluten. You can buy Wise products or Not buy but for the masses its a life sustaining kit.

Considering you have family that cannot have wise products i would not purchase it.

That statement is not insulting to 99% of the population its fact. This is not health food..

I asked as my wife has an allergy. It's hard to go out to eat because even though it's mentioned, people still miss stuff.

Malsua is correct. My wife suffered for years before they found the problem. I find it a little insulting as gluten free food has usually more calories than gluten foods and if don't see how it can be considered health food.

Ffs is this still going? Those are Wise's words. Take it up with the manufacturer, not the distributor. It's a group buy thread, not a gluten dicussion thread. If you're not interested in the product available, move along.

Mark, Bryan,

I think we understand your point.  Got it, Gluten allergy does exist, it isn't "just a fad for hypochondriacs" there's a percentage of the population where this is a reality.

Having said that, can we get back to OP's point?  WE here on the forum and Steve in particular recognize your disgust with the MFR's wording of their response.  Please please please, contact the MFR directly.  Steve is just a little Jew in a big synagogue, and HE ain't the Rabbi of this congregation.

My family has actually tasted this and its pretty darn good.  Gluten this gluten that, who cares lol.  I got a 72 hour pack and will buy another one Steve.

pGpbeGL.jpg

Let me know when you start collecting $$$s.

I got a few 7 day buckets in and also stocked up on my own supplies, I have not cracked open the bucket yet but i will thing weekend and report back

BTW.....where's your shop? if it's farther than i'd be able to drive, do/can you ship?

I would be interested in a 152 serving fruit bucket. My problem with the Wise food is that there is no actual meat in any of their products that I can tell, most of the "meat" is really TVP. 

I would be down for Mountain House products, I have some already but I wouldn't mind supporting someone local.

As we get closer to the summer we will know more if these supplies would absolutely be needed, but there also can be a be rush with selling out in those months. For reasons I think most of you know about already. Time will tell.  

47 minutes ago, SMOKIE901 said:

As we get closer to the summer we will know more if these supplies would absolutely be needed, but there also can be a be rush with selling out in those months. For reasons I think most of you know about already. Time will tell.  

h4ose.jpg