OchoBlue

How do you ccw ?

Glock CCW (one in chamber or not)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you CCW your Glock

• Condition 0 (ready to rock and roll)
    • Condition 3 (is it childproof? - loaded mag / chamber empty)

Like blksheep and high exposure said ...it's the only logical way to roll.... I've seen quite a few heated debates on other forums on this very topic...and some of the comments/"logic" from that do not carry chambered baffle me...."I don't plan on getting into a spontaneous gunfight" ....I don't want the gun to go off while I'm carrying ..and if i need it I'll have time to rack it..only takes a second" .... :facepalm:

Carrying with an empty chamber demonstrates an inherent uncomfortably with firearms, a weak mindset, and a lack of confidence in your skill set.

It also shows an unfamiliarity with the quickness that violence occurs, a willingness to rely on luck for your personal safety and a lack of understanding of the basic TTPs required to successfully defend yourself in a deadly force encounter.

One in the chamber, an extra round in your other hand to throw to the guy so you can take more time to take a head shot while he looks at what you chucked him. ;)

Scenario in case you don't get it:

Say: Hey buddy, check this out"!

He says: "Kewl dude, I got the same kind of boowits in my pocket! Thanks man!" ----> BaNg!!!! You dead --------- mutha! ;)

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Carrying with an empty chamber demonstrates an inherent uncomfortably with firearms, a weak mindset, and a lack of confidence in your skill set.

...the exact point I make when I see those posts....and the response is "even if not chambered it's better than not having it".... I point out it will not be like the old west where you get challenged to a showdown in the street.....and have time to load and crack your knuckles.....and the Leo's jump in saying "we'll I carry od this way most of the time...and I have former specops & swat guys I've trained in my dept that carry the same".... How can you even respond to that much stupid in one sentence ?...lol

why would you not carry condition one? i've heard/seen way to many stupid people try to explain a different way and it never makes sense. one of them was a friends that almost put a .45 through my truck door while driving because he didn't want his mom to feel uncomfortable with the hammer cocked on his 1911 (we went to TN to visit her and were driving back to NJ. pretty sure it happened in VA.). His thumb slipped off the hammer when he pulled the trigger to drop the hammer on a LIVE CHAMBER. thankfully he got it past the half-cocked notch before he slipped so it didnt have enough inertia to touch off the round. If the gun has a safety always engage it and leave the hammer back. the only way the hammer should be decocked is with a decocker, (beretta, sig, etc.) otherwise LEAVE IT THE EFF ALONE.

Posted Image

Condition One: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety on.

I carry a G27 in free America full mag holsterd round in chamber, no safety to worry about or external hammer to cock. Glock is round in chamber, hole punch ready with trigger pull. I guess if your really good you could carry Israeli style and rack the slide as you draw but I wouldn't take that risk. A human can cover a lot of ground in the time it takes to do that. Moving your outer garment to draw sometimes can take a second or two. By then your attacker is on you if your within 15'.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

I carry a G27 in free America full mag holsterd round in chamber, no safety to worry about or external hammer to cock. Glock is round in chamber, hole punch ready with trigger pull. I guess if your really good you could carry Israeli style and rack the slide as you draw but I wouldn't take that risk. A human can cover a lot of ground in the time it takes to do that. Moving your outer garment to draw sometimes can take a second or two. By then your attacker is on you if your within 15'.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

That's what I was getting at. You said condition one, must've meant condition zero.