Boejoula

My first AR build

Like what? I ordered a bunch of stuff too for one of my ars. I switched it to a longer range gun, put a scope, free float rail, larue clips, a raptor CH, and a Geiselle trigger. Seen another omega rail for cheeeap on the web.

Ordered the Raptor CH, billet mag button, B.A.D. lever, CAA grip, BAD ASS ambi selector, new dust cover.. and i'm going to put my Geiselle in now

Ordered the Raptor CH, billet mag button, B.A.D. lever, CAA grip, BAD ASS ambi selector, new dust cover.. and i'm going to put my Geiselle in now

The raptor is the TRUTH. Let me know how the BAD ASS is. I have been thinking about one. Which style?

The raptor is the TRUTH. Let me know how the BAD ASS is. I have been thinking about one. Which style?

Standard on both sides and an end cap. Nothing fancy..

This is my only AR and will be for a while. So as much fun as want to have with it i want it to be good in a SHTF situation too

Standard on both sides and an end cap. Nothing fancy..

This is my only AR and will be for a while. So as much fun as want to have with it i want it to be good in a SHTF situation too

Just remember to keep it simple. If it doesn't work for you, get rid of it. Defensive guns need to work every time all the time, period.

Ive read that a standard sized safety on the right size may get in the way of your firing hand. I'll be interested to hear what you think

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Just remember to keep it simple. If it doesn't work for you, get rid of it. Defensive guns need to work every time all the time, period.

Ive read that a standard sized safety on the right size may get in the way of your firing hand. I'll be interested to hear what you think

I will keep you updated

Glad you are liking it!

Thanks a lot!!

vladtepes, helped me out a whole lot on my first build too... GOOD dude!!!

i think he likes popping Ar virgin builder cherries :D

He must, lol. He is very knowledgeable 

i actually found that the standard size safety is easier to work with my index finger when i put it back on safe so i prefer it there. mine came with a standard and small size and found the small works well with my thumb on the left side of the weapon. i can move my hand less to manipulate it so it works better for me.

He probably got the exps2 for 450 that comes with a QD attachment, lower 1/3 cowitness and a free 3x magnifier.

But unfortunately no nvg capability :(

Those things I mentioned are not standard with a PRO

pro mount unscrews in seconds since no tool is involved... the likelyhood of having to remove the optic is just about 0 since you are cowitnessing irons... even if the optic goes down your irons are already visible.. 

it is what it is.. you got what you wanted.. but since a magnifier has been mentioned I think that is the biggest reason to have gone aimpoint.. I can appreciate with 0 magnification they are "close enough" that it is preference.. but once you throw a magnifier I really prefer the single dot... but again that is a preference I guess.. (fair disclosure: I have used an eotech on more than one occasion but do not have experience with it in front of a magnifier, I am basing my opinion of it unmagnified ) 

good luck with the setup I hope you are satisfied with it.. 

as far as sharing knowledge.

I have spent a lot of money figuring out what works well for me.. so I just like to share that info so I can save someone else the financial guess work if I can.. lol

pro mount unscrews in seconds since no tool is involved... the likelyhood of having to remove the optic is just about 0 since you are cowitnessing irons... even if the optic goes down your irons are already visible..

it is what it is.. you got what you wanted.. but since a magnifier has been mentioned I think that is the biggest reason to have gone aimpoint.. I can appreciate with 0 magnification they are "close enough" that it is preference.. but once you throw a magnifier I really prefer the single dot... but again that is a preference I guess.. (fair disclosure: I have used an eotech on more than one occasion but do not have experience with it in front of a magnifier, I am basing my opinion of it unmagnified )

good luck with the setup I hope you are satisfied with it..

as far as sharing knowledge.

I have spent a lot of money figuring out what works well for me.. so I just like to share that info so I can save someone else the financial guess work if I can.. lol

I don't think we can argue that qd throw lever is a con here. It is quicker, returns to zero if taken off, and a hell of a lot more useful than night vision capable (for most here I assume)

I have a 3x mag on my set up and can safely say the 65 moa ring does not throw me off at all. If anything it helps me bring the 1 moa dot (smaller than the aimpoint offerings) on target and steady. I can't think of something I'd be aiming at that a 5 and a half foot ring would get in the way of at 100 yards.

I agree that its essential to our community to pass on knowledge and help others but we're not talking about aimpont vs BSA here. There is allowed to be more than one quality optic on the market.

Like if you are shooting in the cold and the gasses from the gun fog up your aimpoint. Oh wait, co-witness doesn't help there.

Like if you are shooting in the cold and the gasses from the gun fog up your aimpoint. Oh wait, co-witness doesn't help there.

that has never happened to me.... 

but if it did I would unscrew the PRO.. which takes all of two seconds... if you are familiar with the mount you will understand that no tolls are involved... my Micro is on a larue mount.. and yes it is a few seconds faster... but both hold 0 when removed.. and both come off without tools... 

I don't think we can argue that qd throw lever is a con here. It is quicker, returns to zero if taken off, and a hell of a lot more useful than night vision capable (for most here I assume)

I have a 3x mag on my set up and can safely say the 65 moa ring does not throw me off at all. If anything it helps me bring the 1 moa dot (smaller than the aimpoint offerings) on target and steady. I can't think of something I'd be aiming at that a 5 and a half foot ring would get in the way of at 100 yards.

I agree that its essential to our community to pass on knowledge and help others but we're not talking about aimpont vs BSA here. There is allowed to be more than one quality optic on the market.

i never said it was a con...

what I said was the mounting solution on the PRO is just as easy to remove... its a knob that takes a second or two to unscrew... and it holds 0 without issue... it does function essentially as a quick detach.. 

I just installed my SSA-E and Raptor in my rifle.  I have experience with the raptor so nothing new there but my, my is that a light pull on the geiselle.  The 2 stage trigger is gonna take a little getting used to (my main AR has a ALG trigger, just about no take up) but the second stage break is amazing.  This should help my groups. 

I've never seen or heard of that happening on a properly mounted sight

It happens. Shoot in heavy wet falling snow, run until you are out of breath, and get into a uncomfortable position and see the steam come up from the snow melting on the barrel steaming the front and your breath steaming the back lens.

Crap happens.

It happens. Shoot in heavy wet falling snow, run until you are out of breath, and get into a uncomfortable position and see the steam come up from the snow melting on the barrel steaming the front and your breath steaming the back lens.

Crap happens.

wonder if you can put anti fog coating on the lens?

I just installed my SSA-E and Raptor in my rifle.  I have experience with the raptor so nothing new there but my, my is that a light pull on the geiselle.  The 2 stage trigger is gonna take a little getting used to (my main AR has a ALG trigger, just about no take up) but the second stage break is amazing.  This should help my groups. 

Hows the Raptor? im pretty anxious to get my stuff in. The SSA is really light, but so so crisp

I'm also thinking about picking up the Ti-Fang but would have to cerekote it black.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I don't know dude, I've never used a forward assist.  Ever.  I'd rather you buy a flashlight or more ammo lol

I don't know dude, I've never used a forward assist. Ever. I'd rather you buy a flashlight or more ammo lol

My upper came with it. No point in upgrading except for pure aesthetics.. so I will def wait for that. Everything else I ordered is aesthetic as well, but serves a purpose I didn't have before.

My upper came with it. No point in upgrading except for pure aesthetics.. so I will def wait for that. Everything else I ordered is aesthetic as well, but serves a purpose I didn't have before.

did you get a light yet?