illy

OGAM now 33 days?!?!

From Shore Shot's website:

IMPORTANT INFO

With the State Police guidelines now clearly defined on the one handgun every 30 days policy, the total wait between handgun purchases is 33 days. 30 day wait and a 3 day administrative grace period. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this.

From Shore Shot's website:

IMPORTANT INFO

With the State Police guidelines now clearly defined on the one handgun every 30 days policy, the total wait between handgun purchases is 33 days. 30 day wait and a 3 day administrative grace period. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this.

There website has always stated this, not sure of its legality

The State law has not changed - it is still one HG every 30 days.

The 3-Day administrative delay must be at the stores location.

We do not have such a thing as making customers wait to be served................

I was there last Sunday waiting in line for the range (stupid move going on Sunday) and listened while one salesman told a customer that if he bought the gun today, he had to come back in three days and pick it up.  The sales guy said he was sorry, it was a new policy and could not explain why they instituted it.  One customer said forget it and left.  Another was mulling his purchase over when I went in to shoot.  There was a class going on that day and it was a zoo.

I was there last Sunday waiting in line for the range (stupid move going on Sunday) and listened while one salesman told a customer that if he bought the gun today, he had to come back in three days and pick it up. The sales guy said he was sorry, it was a new policy and could not explain why they instituted it. One customer said forget it and left. Another was mulling his purchase over when I went in to shoot. There was a class going on that day and it was a zoo.

All weekend is a zoo.

Ammo prices are incredible too.

I was there last Sunday waiting in line for the range (stupid move going on Sunday) and listened while one salesman told a customer that if he bought the gun today, he had to come back in three days and pick it up.  The sales guy said he was sorry, it was a new policy and could not explain why they instituted it.  One customer said forget it and left.  Another was mulling his purchase over when I went in to shoot.  There was a class going on that day and it was a zoo.

They NICS unit has gone to an on-line system where dealers have to submit the NICS check

electronically (no more calling in or faxing).

The only time there is a delay is if there is bad weather and the NICS unit is closed (State of emergency)

or something along that line. Today was a bit different as it is the first time the NICS system went down w/o

any back up  (we used to be able to call in or fax them in) but the whole system was down so even if a check

was reported to them, they could not process it - so there would be an understandable delay.

If a store tells you there is a 3-day delay, it is solely at there end, and has nothing to due with the NICS system

(unless one of the occasional examples I mentioned earlier)

I cannot, will not speak for another dealer but I personally think that store policy sucks - jmo

All weekend is a zoo.

Ammo prices are incredible too.

Went much later than usual yesterday thinking I might not have to wait, got there after 5 pm and still waited 15 mins.

Never buy my ammo there.

Lost my damn knife while there, hope someone else enjoys it as much as I have

I don't purchase there, but will say, they have a tremendous stock of pistols.

Go two miles away to brick armory and they have almost no stock of pistols, and their "new" pistols look used.

All guns purchased on Sunday at SS get the NIcs run on Monday morning. If the customer is waiting on his 30 days, then maybe he would have to come back at a later date, but if it has been after 30 days, you can pick up your gun on Monday if your NICS is OK.

33 day wait after last purchase does not apply at Shore Shot, this is wrong info. I would like a link to where it says that so it can be corrected.

It's mentioned first thing on the home page of their mobile site:  http://mobile.shoreshotpistolrange.com/

I stand corrected, but what actually happens is that a person will come in to buy a handgun and sales will ask "have you bought a gun in the past 30 days?" The salesman will ask what date the person took possession of the gun, ie: the date on their last permit. Example: Person took possession of the gun on December 12. December 13 would be day 1 and you would count 30 days from 12/13. If good, NICS will be run. SS also has date checker software. I've seen too many denials from the State Police because someone is under 30 days. To my knowledge, the denial stays with you, so why take a chance. The 30th day is also confusing. So, think buffer. Blame the State for this nonsense.

So I'm curious. I walk into Shore Shot to buy a gun and mistakenly tell them it was 33 days between the date of my last purchase, but its actually only been 30 days between. Would they know?