Bugsy732

EOTECH EXPS2-1 & EXPS2-2 GROUP BUY - Official Ordering thread

Don't worry Dan, I have met and delt with many excellent folks here on this forum, I would never hold anything against this forum or the good people on it. I was a little too trust worthy though sending a check, I will be more cautious in the future, i guess you live and learn. I should have known that something was wrong when you don't have PayPal...

FYI, the shipper's UPS account number will be the 3rd through 8th digit of the tracking number. They should match all who got their numbers.

Here's my 1st 10 digits on the tracking #

1ZV23V6203

Someone should also contact ups and let them know that this guy is using them to scam people. They will suspend that account or possibly terminate it. I say make everything as difficult for this joker as he has made it for everybody else

I would ask that you guys all hold out until at least next week for your refunds before busting out the torches and pitchforks. If you start having accounts suspended/filing charges/etc it will only increase the amount of time before you get your money back.

I would ask that you guys all hold out until at least next week for your refunds before busting out the torches and pitchforks. If you start having accounts suspended/filing charges/etc it will only increase the amount of time before you get your money back.

I agree but I think we will know by Saturday if I don't get the money order as promised, that he is a definite sham artist....

I agree but I think we will know by Saturday if I don't get the money order as promised, that he is a definite sham artist....

While generally I would agree, I would just hate for this to be dragged out for an additional month or more due to a 1-2 day delay in the mail. 

Again, anyone who does not receive their refund or product by Monday should PM me your details so that I can do whatever I can to grease the wheels.

I know this makes the entire forum look bad however I can tell you that I have participated in several group buys and ran one for some bullets as well. EVERYTHING went off without a hitch. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Dan,

Correct.. It comes down to who you do a buy with..  Check Feedback, Check vendors forum, Its not hard to find out who are the trusted people. That being said as with any purchase buyer beware..

I hope the OP does issues refunds as promised if not i have a feeling things will get ugly.

Exactly... Dont make it harder for him to issue refunds and dont give him excuses as to why he cant... Let him do his thing.

i think the pitchforks are already sharpened, and the torches lit.

i went through something like this about a year ago. the product had nothing to do with firearms, and it wasn't a group purchase......it was something to be custom made for me. i kept getting excuse after excuse for nearly 2 months. this was with a person i'd met in real life(they live in new york though), and liked/trusted.

during the problems, i discovered that another very good friend of mine also knows this person. i contacted them, and laid out what was going on. this person stepped in, and got me my money back in about 2 weeks. it was rather easy, although very frustrating.

the person in question did not try to rip me off. they'd just gotten way overloaded with things going on in their life. to the point where even something that takes only a minute or 2 was extremely difficult to do.

my point? perhaps this is what's happening right now. as i mentioned before, i've met, shot with, and bought from ryan before. there wasn't a single thing that would make me believe that he'd do this to you guys deliberatey.

that all said, i hope you guys and him all reach a mutual agreement before things spin too much farther out of control.

The OP had has more positive feedback than most members on this board and I have personally bought from him before with no complaints.

I understand that life can get in the way, but the pattern is disturbing and he brought it upon himself with his behavior.

If anybody personally knows Ryan or is contact, I would ask that you reach out to him and impress upon him the gravity of the situation.  Nobody wants this to get ugly.  We all have families, jobs, and more important things in life to deal with than a group buy of Eotechs or aquarium filters.

I have not taken any steps with my credit card company to give him another excuse to delay payment.  The ball is in his court to end this immediately.

i think the pitchforks are already sharpened, and the torches lit.

i went through something like this about a year ago. the product had nothing to do with firearms, and it wasn't a group purchase......it was something to be custom made for me. i kept getting excuse after excuse for nearly 2 months. this was with a person i'd met in real life(they live in new york though), and liked/trusted.

during the problems, i discovered that another very good friend of mine also knows this person. i contacted them, and laid out what was going on. this person stepped in, and got me my money back in about 2 weeks. it was rather easy, although very frustrating.

the person in question did not try to rip me off. they'd just gotten way overloaded with things going on in their life. to the point where even something that takes only a minute or 2 was extremely difficult to do.

my point? perhaps this is what's happening right now. as i mentioned before, i've met, shot with, and bought from ryan before. there wasn't a single thing that would make me believe that he'd do this to you guys deliberatey.

that all said, i hope you guys and him all reach a mutual agreement before things spin too much farther out of control.

I would agree with this 100% if he answered 1 question which has been evaded the entire thread --

Ryan,  WHERE ARE THE SIGHTS NOW?

This can end today -- no hassle of refunds -- no police -- no lawyers -- no marital trouble

An answer to that simple question, with a picture of 8 eotec sights and magnifiers  buys more time.

life can and does get in the way -- stop lying -- be a man

Life does get in the way, i understand this, but imo this went too far, if this is not a scam it was very careless of him to handle so much money and not handle business. Extra effort should have been made to ship our merchandise last week when he found out they weren't shipped the first time around, No excuse....

And after all this fustration still no answer on were the merchandise is.

Hey everybody good news, looks like ryan is going to fix all this up after all. He contacted me and has sent me tracking information for my refund. This is a good first step in the right direction. I told him if and when everything is straightened out I might consider purchasing but it would have to be face to face.