Bugsy732

EOTECH EXPS2-1 & EXPS2-2 GROUP BUY - Official Ordering thread

Wow, it's been 2 whole weeks, call out the firing squad. Cancel your orders. Sheesh.

Wonder why not too many people do group buys around here.

Talk about the instant gratification generation. I guess you could've paid a lot more and maybe got them quicker. (shrug)

Wow, it's been 2 whole weeks, call out the firing squad. Cancel your orders. Sheesh.

Talk about the instant gratification generation. I guess you could've paid a lot more and maybe got them quicker. (shrug)

with all due respect... there are inconsistencies in the story... and on top of that no follow up with info as promised.. I dont think anyone is accusing him of stealing.. but the whole thing is a mess...

he posts at one point saying he paid the shipping.. but that his employer was pissed... well that doesnt really makes sense, but whatever.. but then he goes on to say everyone needs new tracking numbers... if he paid shipping like he said why would he need new tracking numbers? doesnt add up... also said he would update everyone with the "new" tracking number like two days ago... he was online yesterday.. and then again at 430 today... anyone get tracking numbers? 

I dont know the guy.. I think I spoke to him once, was very nice.. nothing personal... but it just appears to be one issue after another.. 

Yup too many excuses, and beating around the bush if you ask me... I know he is probably a busy person but dam in this day an age of iPads, cell phones and computers how hard can it be to get something shipped out and get tracking information to us in a timely fashion especially since we have been waiting. I'm not liking this one bit.

Tired of the B.S. Opened a dispute with my bank. These should have been delivered a long time ago.

This is a little premature in my opinion --  I don't think Ryan is trying to rob anyone --

He does have shipping issues -- not good for someone trying to start a business but very correctable 

Did you order one too?    Might feel a little different if it was 1/2 a grand of yours 

I am far from the instant gratification generation 

There are very few things I ask of people -- and I generally don't care one way or the other -- but the one thing I hold important -- Do what you say

I don't need to be told what I want to hear -  I want to hear the truth and a mans word has meaning to me -- If you can't do something, whatever the situation,  just say so and we'll work it out 

I'll say it again,  Hopefully we all get packages tomorrow and this conversation ends --  If they truly did get to the post office Saturday we should see product Tomorrow and definitely by wednesday

Did you order one too?    Might feel a little different if it was 1/2 a grand of yours 

I am far from the instant gratification generation 

There are very few things I ask of people -- and I generally don't care one way or the other -- but the one thing I hold important -- Do what you say

I don't need to be told what I want to hear -  I want to hear the truth and a mans word has meaning to me -- If you can't do something, whatever the situation,  just say so and we'll work it out 

I'll say it again,  Hopefully we all get packages tomorrow and this conversation ends --  If they truly did get to the post office Saturday we should see product Tomorrow and definitely by wednesday

No, I didn't order one. It's not my 1/2 a grand, but when I ran a PMag group buy a few years ago I laid out $1000 for the buy. It took awhile to get the mags to everyone because I tried to avoid anyone having to pay for shipping. It was difficult to get some to help take others to pass on for me, but I got it done. Only got stiffed by one or two people.

Chance I took.

I don't think this guy is doing anything nefarious, he may be busy and had some issues with the shipping and dealing with work.

2 weeks is not the end of the world. From what I've read, it appears this was a good deal. As I said earlier, anyone could've paid full price and maybe got it quicker, maybe not.

No, I didn't order one. It's not my 1/2 a grand, but when I ran a PMag group buy a few years ago I laid out $1000 for the buy. It took awhile to get the mags to everyone because I tried to avoid anyone having to pay for shipping. It was difficult to get some to help take others to pass on for me, but I got it done. Only got stiffed by one or two people.

Chance I took.

I don't think this guy is doing anything nefarious, he may be busy and had some issues with the shipping and dealing with work.

2 weeks is not the end of the world. From what I've read, it appears this was a good deal. As I said earlier, anyone could've paid full price and maybe got it quicker, maybe not.

not to speak for anyone else.. but the issue is not doing what you say... and poor communication.. 

there is a big difference between story after story.. and just saying "listen guys i really dropped the ball and am running way behind.. these things are a couple weeks out shipping to you.. if anyone wants to just swing by and pick them up I can meet halfway or something.. but if not I will get them shipped out ASAP"

not to speak for anyone else.. but the issue is not doing what you say... and poor communication.. 

there is a big difference between story after story.. and just saying "listen guys i really dropped the ball and am running way behind.. these things are a couple weeks out shipping to you.. if anyone wants to just swing by and pick them up I can meet halfway or something.. but if not I will get them shipped out ASAP"

Agree, he could be communicating better. I think he has a young son who he mentioned was sick last week. We don't know his situation, hopefully he will chime in soon.

Some people are acting like its been months and they haven't heard from the guy and he skipped town.

Jesus, tough crowd.  Remind me never to coordinate a group effort on this forum

not sure if you read the whole thread or not.. the issue is not impatient people.. the issue is people feeling like they are being mislead..  they were told two or three days ago the optics were being dropped off and everyone would have "new" tracking numbers that day.. well that day came and went... and the individual has been online more than once since then with no update.... 

not sure if you read the whole thread or not.. the issue is not impatient people.. the issue is people feeling like they are being mislead.. they were told two or three days ago the optics were being dropped off and everyone would have "new" tracking numbers that day.. well that day came and went... and the individual has been online more than once since then with no update....

Yes I'm quite familiar with the thread

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Hey everyone, I dropped the sights off with my mail room to bring to the post office Monday, as I wasn't going to have enough time to get them there myself before I left for a business trip. I have emailed my assistant to look in to it for me and to get back to me in the am. As soon as I hear back I will report back.

Regardless, I will be back in state late tomorrow afternoon to make sure if the packages are not received I can get to the bottom of this for everyone.

I'll be on and off line tonight from the hotel to help answer any questions

______________________________________________________-

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

hey everyone, just got back in to the office from my trip.  I have inboxed everyone and am posting here as well.

Turns out the sights were never taken to the post office by my mail room. The office manager here intercepted them prior to the mail drop and seems to believe that i have violated company policy by using company resources to pay for the shipping of the sights. I came back to a very stern note on my desk to see her when i get in to discuss company policy. it burns me because i left instructions with the mail room that these were personal packages and paid for by me and were not put on the company account. I am not entirely sure how the office manager came to be involved in the first place.

in any case, I am very sorry for the delay in getting these out. This is the first time i used my office mail room and i never anticipated this happening, especially since all they had to do is drop them off with the office mail at the end of the day.  

I have inboxed each buyer and will be contacting each of you tomorrow when i get in the office and get the packages back to confirm shipping.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Heavyopp, on 28 Mar 2014 - 1:11 PM, said:snapback.png

So how did it turn out?? -- Did your office manager hold the boxes hostage? -- Hope you still have a job

She has the packages, I have a meeting later today to discuss "my actions and use of the mail room and it's resources" . Meeting is scheduled for 3:30. Although I feel a reprimand coming, I should be able to get everything rectified today.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

3 "meetings" later (office manager, accounting manager and supervisor) and I have the packages and much "clearer" understanding of the office policy on using the mail room and the offices policies on shipping personal items from the office.

I am meeting with clients this evening in PA so I'll be getting everything out in the am.

I will report back later.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Update: dropped off all packages at the post office. New tracking info to follow for everyone as soon as I get back from running errands.

that looks like a lot of updates to me. in one of them he said he pm'd you all. the new tracking numbers would probably be due to the fact that he took them to the post office himself, rather than having his mailroom people do it.

the dude's been nothing but honest every time i've dealt with him, and i highly doubt he's trying to screw any of you guys over. it would seem that he got screwed, and is doing his best to try to handle it.

Hello all. I want to start out by saying how sorry i am for the delays and problems so far with this group buy. The delays were unexpected and not something that i thought would happen.  However, with the way things are with various scams on the internet I can understand the thoughts and views of everyone here.

As i have said in my earlier post, I had processed USPS priority mail shipping for the packages using my personal account and dropped the packages off in my mail room prior to me leaving for a trip. The packages were held and questioned by the office manager of a new company i started working for not  too long ago. she was unaware that the packages were paid for by me and were my personal packages. While i was away i tried to keep in contact via forum access on my cell phone and when i could via laptop. When i returned I learned that the packages were detained by the office manager and never shipped which i reported back to the forum.  I received a reprimand for using Office resources for personal use (using our mail room to process personal packages) from the office manager and my supervisor. I also had to go though the process of providing proof that the packages were not billed to the company account with the accounting manager.  When i took the packages to the Post office saturday i was turned away because the packages were not shipped from the same zip code as indicated on the shipping label (which i never heard of but just shook my head and rangered on) and because the shipping info was more than 7 days old ( again, not something i have ever encountered).  When i questioned both reasons i was told that was the policy and i could cancel the postage and reprint new ones or i could fill out new labels there  and could buy new postage there. Having my 1yr old with me and not feeling good I made a judgement call to take the packages and reship using another method so i could get my sick kid home. 

I ended up dropping off the packages to the UPS store that i do business with and ship with often. I left the packages with them to process and ship. As of yesterday the packages were still there and I will be processing payment later today so they can ship and provide tracking to those interested before i leave for 3 days.

There are also two people who's funds for shipping and mounts have not yet been received.

I am in no way trying to screw anyone out of anything. I have tried to be as open as possible and keep in contact as much as possible. With working my primary job, starting a new 2nd job, trying to get a business off the ground and taking care of my 1yr old almost as if i am a single parent (story for another time) it has proved to be a lot more to handle than i was expecting.

Since the beginning of this buy i had encouraged everyone to pay using their credit cards though square for a few reasons. One of which is Buyer protection. If i pushed everyone to pay via check or money order each of you would have a hard time getting your funds back if something were to happen. Paying by credit card you have the option to process a charge back with your bank/card, and have a level of protection that you do not have with a MO or check to get your money back. 

I have already received one request to process a refund which i responded to briefly yesterday. I will be happy to process refunds to everyone if they wish. I will recall packages and return them to the supplier. I will also process refunds to anyone who wishes. The refunds will be processed though Square.com (credit card processing company that you paid though) refunds could take up to 7-10 business days which i believe is pretty standard, depending on your bank it may be sooner. I know i have seen refunds from various places in as soon as 4 days. If you request a refund you will receive an email confirmation from Square regarding the refund process. 

The one person who paid by check (you know who you are) if you wish to get a refund please let me know and i will issue you a refund this week via Money order or we can meet up and i will give you cash and you will have to sign a receipt of funds letter. let me know via inbox.

Again, I am very sorry for all of the issues and delays with this group buy, it is not something i had anticipated. I also understand the concern here, the only thing i can say is that I have dealt with a number of members here and have shipped items to them as well. Each and every transaction has gone smoothly and everyone has gotten their item or refunds if they were not happy with an item. 

I will be available until 1pm today to respond to messages, after that i will be in the office and unable to access the forum regularly. As i had mentioned above, if anyone wishes to process refunds i will need to know by 4pm today so i can recall packages before payment is processed.  While i am away i will be able to communicate via inbox but not at the drop of a hat so if you inbox me or post here, i will reply but may not be able to do it right away. I am letting everyone know so there is no question that i am not "dodging" the forum or anything.

sincerely

Ryan

Thanks Ryan. Maybe some of us will able to try these out this weekend.

If its in by fri/sat I think ill be at GFH on sunday to sight this bad boy in!

Pretty stoked to shoot my bcm 14.5 middy w/ fsc556 for the first time. Hope no one cries because of my comp lol

Thanks Ryan. Maybe some of us will able to try these out this weekend.

If its in by fri/sat I think ill be at GFH on sunday to sight this bad boy in!

Pretty stoked to shoot my bcm 14.5 middy w/ fsc556 for the first time. Hope no one cries because of my comp lol

Does GFH have a 50 yard range?

Hello all. I want to start out by saying how sorry i am for the delays and problems so far with this group buy. The delays were unexpected and not something that i thought would happen.  However, with the way things are with various scams on the internet I can understand the thoughts and views of everyone here.

As i have said in my earlier post, I had processed USPS priority mail shipping for the packages using my personal account and dropped the packages off in my mail room prior to me leaving for a trip. The packages were held and questioned by the office manager of a new company i started working for not  too long ago. she was unaware that the packages were paid for by me and were my personal packages. While i was away i tried to keep in contact via forum access on my cell phone and when i could via laptop. When i returned I learned that the packages were detained by the office manager and never shipped which i reported back to the forum.  I received a reprimand for using Office resources for personal use (using our mail room to process personal packages) from the office manager and my supervisor. I also had to go though the process of providing proof that the packages were not billed to the company account with the accounting manager.  When i took the packages to the Post office saturday i was turned away because the packages were not shipped from the same zip code as indicated on the shipping label (which i never heard of but just shook my head and rangered on) and because the shipping info was more than 7 days old ( again, not something i have ever encountered).  When i questioned both reasons i was told that was the policy and i could cancel the postage and reprint new ones or i could fill out new labels there  and could buy new postage there. Having my 1yr old with me and not feeling good I made a judgement call to take the packages and reship using another method so i could get my sick kid home. 

I ended up dropping off the packages to the UPS store that i do business with and ship with often. I left the packages with them to process and ship. As of yesterday the packages were still there and I will be processing payment later today so they can ship and provide tracking to those interested before i leave for 3 days.

There are also two people who's funds for shipping and mounts have not yet been received.

I am in no way trying to screw anyone out of anything. I have tried to be as open as possible and keep in contact as much as possible. With working my primary job, starting a new 2nd job, trying to get a business off the ground and taking care of my 1yr old almost as if i am a single parent (story for another time) it has proved to be a lot more to handle than i was expecting.

Since the beginning of this buy i had encouraged everyone to pay using their credit cards though square for a few reasons. One of which is Buyer protection. If i pushed everyone to pay via check or money order each of you would have a hard time getting your funds back if something were to happen. Paying by credit card you have the option to process a charge back with your bank/card, and have a level of protection that you do not have with a MO or check to get your money back. 

I have already received one request to process a refund which i responded to briefly yesterday. I will be happy to process refunds to everyone if they wish. I will recall packages and return them to the supplier. I will also process refunds to anyone who wishes. The refunds will be processed though Square.com (credit card processing company that you paid though) refunds could take up to 7-10 business days which i believe is pretty standard, depending on your bank it may be sooner. I know i have seen refunds from various places in as soon as 4 days. If you request a refund you will receive an email confirmation from Square regarding the refund process. 

The one person who paid by check (you know who you are) if you wish to get a refund please let me know and i will issue you a refund this week via Money order or we can meet up and i will give you cash and you will have to sign a receipt of funds letter. let me know via inbox.

Again, I am very sorry for all of the issues and delays with this group buy, it is not something i had anticipated. I also understand the concern here, the only thing i can say is that I have dealt with a number of members here and have shipped items to them as well. Each and every transaction has gone smoothly and everyone has gotten their item or refunds if they were not happy with an item. 

I will be available until 1pm today to respond to messages, after that i will be in the office and unable to access the forum regularly. As i had mentioned above, if anyone wishes to process refunds i will need to know by 4pm today so i can recall packages before payment is processed.  While i am away i will be able to communicate via inbox but not at the drop of a hat so if you inbox me or post here, i will reply but may not be able to do it right away. I am letting everyone know so there is no question that i am not "dodging" the forum or anything.

sincerely
Ryan

Just wanted a copy of this for now --  will wait and see what happens with UPS tracking info

Just wanted a copy of this for now -- will wait and see what happens with UPS tracking info

this is what I was after. An answer to why, if this has been shipped out multiple times, have we not gotten it or any updated tracking. Like I told him in PM, I would prefer the EOtech over a refund.

Yup. Perfect for the 3x magnifier

Once I have it close to a 50/200 using these 25yrd targets I have, I can go there to double check and do some fine tuning at 50.

That's great news because I shoot at the guild in Easton and it only goes out to 25.