http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=11186

Gun confiscation is one step closer in Connecticut. The mainstream media spins it as “one more chance” for non-compliant gun owners who failed to register their scary guns before the January 1 deadline.

In reality, these letters - 106 to rifle owners, and 108 more to residents with standard capacity magazines – are the first step in the Connecticut State Police beginning to round up guns arbitrarily made illegal last year in that state. These guns include America’s favorite rifle, the AR-15 and magazines over 10 rounds, which include the standard capacity magazines made for that America’s favorite rifle.

Failure to register is now a felony now in Connecticut.

How long will it be before there is bloodshed over this law? We’re not sure, but we’re confident it is coming unless the law is rescinded or struck down by the courts.

Mike Vanderboegh of the edgy Sipsey Street Irregulars released an open letter a couple of weeks ago, warning of what’s coming to Connecticut. The Connecticut State Police aren’t listening. Yet.

We suspect attitudes may change after the first few rounds of bloodshed.

As it stands right now, the best estimates are that 4% of newly-regulated guns and magazines in The Nutmeg State have been registered, leaving a hundred thousand or more newly classified potential felons looking over their shoulder.

Editor’s note: We’re not going to link to the article because they are hiding most of the content behind a paywall and we won’t drive thousands of readers to their website.

One more chance for gun owners

Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 3:35 pm | Updated: 3:36 pm, Mon Feb 24, 2014.

Manchester, CT (Journal Inquirer) – When state officials decided to accept some gun registrations and magazine declarations that arrived after a Jan. 4 deadline, they also had to deal with those applications that didn’t make the cut.

The state now holds signed and notarized letters saying those late applicants own rifles and magazines illegally.

But rather than turn that information over to prosecutors, state officials are giving the gun owners a chance to get rid of the weapons and magazines.

This entry was posted on February 24, 2014 at 5:55 pm and is filed under Blog. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

-------------------------------

100 letters don't seem like much, but it might be their strategy to tackle a little at a time when it comes to the overall 100k non-compliant gun owners. I'm giving strong consideration to the idea of making future purchases outside state lines.

So the idiots that chose to comply that didn't get their paperwork in on time are being told to get rid of their shit instead of being given a pass. What the hell did they expect to happen after a deadline passes in an anti gun climate? Either dont register or get your shit in on time.

By Ed Jacovino Journal Inquirer

When state officials decided to accept some gun registrations and magazine declarations that arrived after a Jan. 4 deadline, they also had to deal with those applications that didn’t make the cut.

The state now holds signed and notarized letters saying those late applicants own rifles and magazines illegally.

But rather than turn that information over to prosecutors, state officials are giving the gun owners a chance to get rid of the weapons and magazines.

The state is sending letters to 106 rifle owners and 108 residents with high-capacity magazines saying they can destroy the guns and ammunition, sell them to a federally licensed gun dealer, move the items out of state or sell them to somebody out of state, or make arrangements to turn them over to local or state police.

Those who fail to do so could face serious criminal penalties.

Once people realize they can’t keep the guns and magazines, “they’re going to get rid of them,” Michael P. Lawlor, the undersecretary for criminal justice policy and planning to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, says.

Late applicants

The Department of Emergency Management and Public Protection initially set a Jan 1 registration date for owners to declare guns and ammunition.

But 266 rifle registrations and 506 magazine declarations made it to the state with postmarks after Jan. 1, and gun owners complained that post offices had closed early and without notice on Dec. 31.

Lawmakers thought they’d need to pass a bill so the state could count all or some of those applications or extend the deadline. But Gov. Dannel P. Malloy decided this month that legislation wasn’t needed — as long as applications were postmarked by Jan. 4 and signed before Jan. 1, the state would accept them.

And while the state won’t immediately prosecute those who missed the deadline, it isn’t ignoring that information, either.

The rifle and magazine declarations will be included in information given to police responding to a certain address. “This would be a factor in deciding how to respond to different situations,” Lawlor says.

Ron Pinciaro, executive director of the Connecticut Coalition Against Gun Violence, says the administration’s approach of sending a warning letter is suitable.

“It’s fair. They’re giving them fair warning that they’re in noncompliance,” he says.

Pinciaro adds that he’s glad a new bill wasn’t necessary — lawmakers were considering changes that would have extended the deadline beyond Jan. 4.

“Now we’re saying, ‘OK, we gave them eight months, what else can we do for them now?’ That’s not the way any other law works,” he says.

State lawmakers passed a law last year in response to the 2012 Newtown school shootings that banned the sale of some rifles and of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. But they allowed those who own the guns and magazines to keep them as long as they registered the items with the state by Jan. 1. State residents registered 50,016 rifles. In addition, 38,290 Connecticut residents said they have high-capacity magazines.

----------------

^^ The cited article in the initial post.

The Irregulars have just recently posted a list of names, addresses, and links of photos and phone numbers of each Connecticut lawmaker who passed the bills responsible.

that explains more.  i don't know why i couldn't see that originally.  its for people that registered too late?   so because they waited a week too long to fill out paperwork, possibly because they were busy working in one of the highest taxed states in the country, their guns magically became too lethal to own.  just remove the pistol grip and throw it in the garbage. then when they come looking you can tell them to go f themselves

As one of the people commented on Vanderboegh's website, and that I agree with, these 200+ people will act as the scarecrow to the other 99,800 estimated people who didn't comply. Things might get interesting...

In other news, Russian armored personnel carriers have arrived in the Ukraine.

If the 10 round mag limit is passed in NJ, expect the same here, at least with handguns. 

FLASH ALERT!

ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE MOVING MAGAZINE BANMONDAY!

At 1:00 pm on Monday, March 3, the Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee is scheduled to hear A2006, which would ban all magazines with a capacity over 10 rounds.

The Committee is also scheduled to hear A2777 (not yet introduced), supposedly addressing reasonable deviations in firearms transportation.

Please immediately start contacting members of the Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee and tell them to oppose A2006 and all new gun control. If you are able, please plan on attending the hearing in person. 

The hearing will be in the State House Annex on West State Street in Trenton, and is currently scheduled for committee room 12 on the 4th floor (which may change by Monday)

ANJRPC will be issuing another alert tomorrow with detailed analysis of A2006. 

PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CONTACT MEMBERS OF THE ASSEMBLY LAW & PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE!

MEMBERS OF THE NEW JERSEY ASSEMBLY LAW & PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE:  

Charles Mainor (Chair) (D31)

[email protected]

Phone: 201-536-7851

Fax: 201-536-7854

Gilbert L. Wilson (Vice Chair) (D5)

[email protected]

Phone: 856-547-4800

Fax: 856-547-5496

Joseph Cryan (D20)

[email protected]

Phone: 908-624-0880

Fax: 908-624-0587

Gregory P. McGuckin (R10)

[email protected]

Phone: 732-840-9028

Fax: 732-840-9757

Erik Peterson (R23)

[email protected]

Phone: 908-238-0251

Fax: 908-238-0256

Nancy J. Pinkin (D18)

[email protected]

Phone: 732-548-1406

Fax: 732-548-1623

David P. Rible (R30)

[email protected]

Phone: 732-974-0400

Fax: 732-974-2564

Shavonda E. Sumter (D35)

[email protected]

Phone: 973-925-7061

Fax: 973-925-7067

"The rifle and magazine declarations will be included in information given to police responding to a certain address. “This would be a factor in deciding how to respond to different situations,” Lawlor says."

In other words, you go on a bad guy list age your neighbor calls in a noise complaint, they're coming in full SWAT mode, kicking in doors, flash bang grenades and shooting the dog. Over a late postmark.

F***ing great.

If the 10 round mag limit is passed in NJ, expect the same here, at least with handguns.

If they pass a mag limit bill here ill sell my pmags to the colorado crowd and get 30 rnders at half the price. If im gonna be legislated into a felon I can at least join the rest of the country with standard cap mags

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just a note or two about that letter. The letter was found at http://www.ammoland.com/2014/02/connecticut-tells-gun-owners-destroy-or-hand-over-rifles-standard-capacity-magaznies/#axzz2uN6Yq5zo .

There seems to be speculation as to if the letter is real or bogus. Here are the various explanations of what I have heard. The letter is real and that they are 'testing the waters' kind of like a trial balloon. The letter is a sample but was officially never sent out.  It is a draft and was not sanctioned to be sent out but someone from the state sent it anyway. The letter is bogus and was photoshopped. Comments to another pro-gun forum say that  None of CT gun owners who posted there deny ever receiving that letter and they didn't know anyone who did receive it.

However on the ammoland site where the letter appeared, we have this interesting comment   "Lt Paul Vance, Spokesperson for the Connecticut State Police ADMITTED in a recorded phone call that the letter IS AUTHENTIC!"

As they say...stay tuned..film at 11

I'm kind of thinking 2A was written specifically for this. The ability to prevent the government from ignoring rights of the people. Obviously the first one that would have to go would be the one that allows the people to enforce the rest.

Kind of makes me think of two countries having nuclear weapons, the thought being they are deterrents. Neither will use then by virtue of retaliation of the same. Sounds like Conn is threatening to launch tho?

wonder what the second video was ....the owhammy video live on..yet when clicking the second one it says the you tube account was terminated...obviously it was contradictory to the first therefore it was removed....and the propaganda one allowed to remain.....censorship at its finest.....