cold shot

Comfortable shoes for standing / walking all day

For those of you whose job is to stand and/or walk all day, any comfortable shoe recommendations ? I get home and my feet are aching. I've tried casual skechers shoes and cross-trainers. I think I am looking for something with more padding / insoles ?

I'm working on a large project at the largest convention center in NYC and am walking a million miles a day. This place is huge.

Ed

do you under- or over pronate? do you have a high or low arch? You may want to look into some kind of insert or heal lift. Find a pharmacy that has the color coded dr. scholls machine that you stand on. it gives you a profile and codes it to the insert. If you have  insurance that will cover it then go to a podiatrist

Dr Martins and a semi custom innersole should do the trick. Depending on your dress requirements I would recommend the greasy 3 eyed Gibson in black {been wearing this style for 30 years} or the classic 8 eye also in black greasy for a mid height boot.

Soft, comfortable,classic,durable,waterproof with a oil and acid resistant sole.

For inserts, ignore anything readily available in a pharmacy. For dress shoes, I recommend Birkenstock Blue footbeds. Ideally, they should be fitted on you by someone knowledgeable, and you might not get the best results by just buying your usual foot size. If you wear sneakers, check out running stores for good inserts (not sporting goods stores).

i have converse chuck taylors,  asics sneakers, redwing iron rangers, and asolo fugitive gtx boots.  if i had to wear one pair all day every day, and it worked with my attire, it would be the asolos.  soooo comfortable.  followed by the iron rangers.  

+1 for Merrell shoes. I started having aching feet in my mid 40's. Standing and walking on concrete floors all day was really killing my dogs.

I was never a person who spent alot on apparel so it wasn't easy paying for the first pair (they are not cheap by my standards), but after wearing them  a few days I was sold.

I'm wearing a pair of Merrells right now, put on at 4:30 this morning and probably won't take them off until bedtime, no discomfort at all. I couldn't do that with any other brand.

Additionally, they do hold up well.

What hurts by the end of the day. THe only thing that is easily captured in a pair of shoes that affects lots of people are arch support and heel rise. Skechers has a LOT of shoew styles, that doesn't tell us much. cross trainers usual have an angled footbed. A falt footbed is usually preferred by most people with knee or back issues. Some keens are really flat. Vans skate shoes are really flat. 

But what hurts in particular?  

If you buy Crocs, you should have a ceremony where you publicly burn your man-card.

I said their are other styles then just the cloggs.

Btw I wear crocs daily because they are the only shoes that allow me to wear them without pain due to spinal injury and nerve damage in my foot.

If you can wear boots at work check out Bates emergency responder boots. I work on various construction and excavation sites all over the country and often 12-14 hours a day on my feet walking on any type of terrain you can imagine from NYC construction sites to Rocky Mountain utility Right-of-Ways. They're the only boots I've had that don't hurt at the end of the day and my back/legs are fine also. I get mine @ Flemington Department Store, they were $98 last time I bought them (last summer). I wear the combat style with nylon uppers, side zipper and composite safety toe...they weigh the same as my Reebok cross trainers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk