Sign in to follow this  
edwill86

New from Scotch Plains

Im a long time lurker here :p. I normally just check here to see any news on new laws or if i have a question on if something is legal or not here in the oh so gun friendly state of NJ. I almost always find what I am looking for on here.

figured id join up since i am currently looking for an ak47 style rifle and might need to ask some questions. 

thanks in advance :D

Welcome to the forum! If your looking for a AK47 type rifle you should check out the Wasr 10. It's identical to the AK. Chambers the 7.62x39 round and legal to own in this shit state we live in. I have one myself and love it. One of my favorites.

Thanks guys.

Iv been eyeing the m&m m10 762 for a while now. I actually have it worked out to have kygunco make it nj legal. They have to swap the muzzle brake for one thats nj legal. Total cost after transfer is around 850. Maybe less if I find a ffl with an lower transfer fee. I just have to wait for kygunco to get more in stock....and me more money lol.

I currently own a Beretta M9. I upgraded the guide rod to the stainless steel one.

I love it. Def a great first pistol. Easy to clean easy to shoot and 9mm isn't super expensive.

In the house hold we have a Mossberg 500a1 12 guage, ruger 10/22 takedown, Winchester Wells Fargo 30 30(we dont shoot that one much), and a stag arms ar15. Also a Beretta 92a1 Italy and a Sig mosquito .22 that are my fathers as well as my mothers kimber custom 9mm compact.

In the future I'd Like a .45 1911 oh and the AK style rifle I'm looking at :p

My father is looking at a revolver. So any suggestions would be appreciated. I rented him a s&w at the gun guild in easton and loved it..he didn't like the price of 38 special though. Lol

I also shoot over at the gun guild in easton and I have a membership to efga. Its been too cold since I joined so I have not actually been to efga yet.

We have a family crack shot membership at the gun guild. My father, brother, and myself are normally there 2 times a month first thing Sunday mornings.

WOW, another Scotch Plains gun owner!? Nice! Welcome to becoming an active / nonlurking participant! I also shoot in Easton at Hetitage Guild and EFGA (Easton Game & Fish) when the weather is nicer.

You should check out the Shotgun Shoot Outs in Clinton. Right off 78. Lots of fun.

All you shooters from Fanwood, Scotch Plains and Berkley Heights are passing up an opportunity to shoot for nothing in Carteret with me. It's close and has 10 ports but nobody contacts me. Can't understand you.

Lake Island is a place I've always thought about, but I already belong to too many ranges.  For indoors, I'm using Woodland Park Range, which is almost the same driving time (25-28 minutes).  

On the other hand, I've always thought my son might really enjoy the Junior shooting that Lake Island is famous for...

Hey, Joe Guns, WELCOME!!

Just a note to all, took John Fox up on his invite to shoot at Lake Island Club in Carteret. Had a good time and I will be putting in my application there for membership. Looks like a great deal!  Also met a couple of nice guys there, also newbies; a father and son from Scotch Plains. Really great stuff when you can be involved in a activity with your teen age son!!!! GOOD FOR YOU, DAD!!!!!!