Down South

CCW Things I have learned

Any gun is better then no gun .        Yep

A comfortable holster is well worth the money     Yep

Button fly jeans are not holster friendly      Yep

Buy clothes that hide or mask outline     Yep

Don't stand next to the pool     Yep

Guns rust from body oils      Yep

Along with all the Yeps, You can add.   Leave it alone when your carrying it.  Its not going anywhere. (IE reaching to adjust it.)

I know what they are. I'm not seeing why they are Ccw unfriendly.

oh... My bad. The way you worded it made it sound (to me at least) you didn't know jeans came without zippers. Only thing I can think of is putting the holster on and/or reholstering in a soft holster with tight pants.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

taking a piss with button fly's generally involve undoing your belt then unraveling your fly from the top down vs just unzipping a zip and passing your Urination Delivery Device through the opening. Undoing your belt and maintaining control/retention is always a tricky situation with a heavy pistol strapped to it.

At my age, button fly jeans are not friendly for anything, so I get that one.  But what's the deal about standing next to the pool?

Is it for fear of getting thrown in?

Could it be that swimmers in the pool can see up under your concealment garment and you're not so CCW any more?

taking a piss with button fly's generally involve undoing your belt then unraveling your fly from the top down vs just unzipping a zip and passing your Urination Delivery Device through the opening. Undoing your belt and maintaining control/retention is always a tricky situation with a heavy pistol strapped to it.

Uhh ok. Maybe I buy different underwear or pants or something, but I can safely say that for the entirety of my adult life, the uh.. frontal underwear escape hatch... has never really lined up with the zipper reasonably well, and given that, exiting past the mini saws that are zippers seems ill advised. Not to mention depending on the button fly in question, you can not undo the top button as well, and skip the abrasive surfaces in your wang-juggling endeavors. 

Note: Being a bit over 6'6" and having been over 6' since about 8th grade, there are decent odds I wear different clothes that fit differently than most folks who make up these rules. 

Matt,

I don't think anybody wants to get their Tallywacker pinched by the "Mini-Saws", lol!  Or any other damage-inducing apparel accessories!

My Reenactor pants don't even have the Period - Correct button fly!  

And, "Leave it alone, it's NOT going anywhere" gets the BIG "YEP"!

Too funny guys!