Kingsoverqueens

Finding alternate powders...

OK, so the powders I've used (N320 and Titgroup) are as rare and scare as pink unicorns.  How do I pick an alternate?

I load pistol and 9mm to be exact.  

I started with N320 because Harry suggested it, and then when my supply of that was done to Titgroup because my friend Frank was nice enough to have sold me a jug. : )

I'm still new to loading and learning all of the nuances.  Should I look for a powder with a similar burn rate as titgroup and go with that?  

Anyone have a suggestion for something that will perform similar to titgroup and one that is available for purchase?

Pistol powder is scarce. 115-124 heads look for the following bullseye, universal, 231, aa#2, auto-comp, n-350,power pistol, 3n37,imr sr-4756, AA#7, unique, herco, hs-6, blue dot, 700x 800x pb, sr-7625. There are still more but something to go on.

You may find 700x or 800x as these are not popular in 9mm.  Ok to use, just not popular.

Good Luck.

MIke --  See if solomons has an 8 pound jug of Promo --  That will keep you in 9mm for quite some time --  I use it in 9mm, 45acp, 38 special, 38 super, 12 gauge and 20 gauge shotshell

If you get promo I'll set you up with load data -- I have a few older books with printed data for Red dot which is exactly the same load data as promo

The 650 powder measure handles it very well too

OK, so the powders I've used (N320 and Titgroup) are as rare and scare as pink unicorns.  How do I pick an alternate?

I load pistol and 9mm to be exact.  

I started with N320 because Harry suggested it, and then when my supply of that was done to Titgroup because my friend Frank was nice enough to have sold me a jug. : )

I'm still new to loading and learning all of the nuances.  Should I look for a powder with a similar burn rate as titgroup and go with that?  

Anyone have a suggestion for something that will perform similar to titgroup and one that is available for purchase?

By the wording of this I think I met you and your son at Solomons on wednesday night.  If thats the case, I can put another face to a name.

Ken