RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! March 8th at Clinton WMA

I hope Sixtytwo327 posts up the video I took of him shooting with is camera. It was a slow-mo video of his semi-auto firing and ejecting shells. It was awesome.

Nick, thanks sooo much for taking those great pictures! I'll have to email Chaz and Bryan them. My gf wants to frame the couple you took of me..she loves action shots of me shooting so thanks!

I;m glad everyone had a good time. The weather really cooperated and it was nice to shoot in 50 degree temp's, nonetheless without numb fingers. Can't wait for the next one!

An excellent time! Great to meet new friends and see old ones. And to break in my 930! 

A special thanks to Nick for saving the day and figuring out what was mis-configured. Although it also helped that I brought the spare part with me. :blush:  

I will have to look at mail ordering more shells for next time. Also, very hopefully, I'll be able to bring my nephew and get him started right.

Safe trip to Ming.   Hope to see you again, soon.

And I'll see y'all next month.

Regards,

Arnold (HB)

Thanks buddy and thx everyone!

Here's two clips of the Benelli stitched together. It's no Phantom, but still entertaining. I had a few settings wrong; I'll try again at the next meetup, and should get much better results (resolution, crop, color, etc.) - thanks to RF for the help.

Nice!

I'd like to see what the Mossberg action looks like....

That video game out great, Sixtytwo! Sorry the whole action wasn't in the frame…with the light coming off the snow and the sun behind me, it was like looking into a black lcd screen on the camera so I just held it where I thought it felt right lol. We can try again next time.

Chaz and Brian suggested LVSC last weekend so we ended up going. The cold weather seemed to keep most people out, other than the hardcore shooters. It was windy as hell and made it very difficult. I shot an 89 which wasn't too bad considering the weather. I finally shot all 6/6 at the rabbit station…god damn that felt good. Those stupid fu*(#!$@ rabbits always get in the way of me shooting a perfect score, and of course I end up shooting them perfectly on the windiest day ever. Never fails..

The next shootout will either be March 29th or April 5th. Most likely the 5th so my 930 has enough time to arrive for it. Ahhh yes.

Chaz and Brian suggested LVSC last weekend so we ended up going. The cold weather seemed to keep most people out, other than the hardcore shooters. It was windy as hell and made it very difficult. I shot an 89 which wasn't too bad considering the weather. I finally shot all 6/6 at the rabbit station…god damn that felt good. Those stupid fu*(#!$@ rabbits always get in the way of me shooting a perfect score, and of course I end up shooting them perfectly on the windiest day ever. Never fails..

The next shootout will either be March 29th or April 5th. Most likely the 5th so my 930 has enough time to arrive for it. Ahhh yes.

Wait you shot all 6 rabbits? Really?

Pics or I call bs. I know how much you love that station.

You guys on your periods or something? 

In my case, an opportunity to take an NRA "Basic Shotgun" class at a much reduced rate than is normally advertised. Gotta check it out first, though.

If that doesn't pan out, then either day works for me.

In my case, an opportunity to take an NRA "Basic Shotgun" class at a much reduced rate than is normally advertised. Gotta check it out first, though.

If that doesn't pan out, then either day works for me.

i wouldn't waste my time and money. you already know how a shotgun works, what its used for and the safety rules. youll enjoy yourself much more by coming to the shootout. plus it'll probably be my last one...

You guys on your periods or something?

if you must know, the wife flies out the morning of the 30th for a week in China on business (which I'm not a fan of) and doesn't get back until late on the 5th. I'm on single dad duty and I observe certain "rules" while she's gone (of my own choice.)

if you must know, the wife flies out the morning of the 30th for a week in China on business (which I'm not a fan of) and doesn't get back until late on the 5th. I'm on single dad duty and I observe certain "rules" while she's gone (of my own choice.)

Just bustin on the way you worded your post. Family always comes first man.