Sign in to follow this  
edwill86

ak47 style hunt

I soaked the furniture in acetone to get the cosmoline out of it.  Then i lightly sanded it with 220 grit sand paper.  I used about 8 coats of Formbys low gloss tung oil and steal wooled it with 0000 steal wool in between coats.  I could have spent more time sanding it to get it a little nicer but I like the used look.

I soaked the furniture in acetone to get the cosmoline out of it. Then i lightly sanded it with 220 grit sand paper. I used about 8 coats of Formbys low gloss tung oil and steal wooled it with 0000 steal wool in between coats. I could have spent more time sanding it to get it a little nicer but I like the used look.

cool thanks. I like the way it looks a lot that's why I asked.

Atlantic has the n-pap in stock for 529.  They also have hand selected romanian rifles for 650. Since they hand select them you shouldn't have to worry about canted sights. http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/premium-select-wasr-ak47-rifle-combo-detail.html?Itemid=0

Any input on these :

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/bak-132-black-poly-rusian-ak47-detail.html?Itemid=0

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/rusian-ak47-bax-132-7-62x39mm-rifle-detail.html?Itemid=0

They are normally cheaper when they come in stock. I like the wood better but the trade off is a saiga. They are a little pricy even when the price is lower but I might be willing to spend a little more on a Russian saiga.

That's cool but I'd have to buy with my credit card and I know on PayPal that incures some big charges.

Many dealers will also charge you 3% on top of your purchase when you pay for your gun by credit card. Take that into account as well if buying from a dealer.

By the way have you found someone to do the compliance work?

Call Bill. He had an OPAP in stock a while back. Maybe he still has it.

He does work with NJ Buyers. Don't know about compliance work.

Bill Savage

Bill's Gun Shop, Inc.

5 Bridge Five Lane

Pipersville, PA 18947-1628

Phone: 610-294-9268

Cell Phone: 610-551-9466

Hours: 7:00pm-10:00pm Mon & Wed, 8:00am-3:00pm Sun and by appointment

ok guys should I pull the trigger on this one: http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/cai-ak-47-wasr-10-7-62x39mm-rifle-detail.html?Itemid=0

the price is right..there are a few things id like to change like the pistol grip but as a first rifle ( of my own) im not sure if I should cheap out.

should i wait until the end of the week and risk these selling out and try and get one of these instead? 

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/bak-132-black-poly-rusian-ak47-detail.html?Itemid=0

i like the fact its a saiga and its well done. id only have to pay to have the ak74 styl brake welded. on the wasr i have to have the bayo lug done as well. i like the wood though..but i could always buy wood furniture for the saiga if i get bored of the poly  later on. 

need a little advice..... lol

Well it depends what you are after..

The saiga is Russian built in the factory Kalashnikov worked.The saiga is solid but in my opinion they did that build wrong. They screwed up on the fsb. Instead of using a 74 threaded fsb, they threaded the barrel. As an AK 103, It looks wrong..but that's me being picky. The WASR on the other hand is a more accurate AKM clone. It has the 45 degree gas block and the slant brake which is more authentic.

Good luck! I think you will enjoy either one.

So I got 200 rounds of 7.62x39 3 tapco 10rd ak47 mags and a hogue grip now I just need a rifle lol. I'm pretty set on the saiga bak 132 from Atlantic. I think its worth spending a little more on my first rifle to get exactly what I want. But if they are still out of stock this time next week I think in going to order the wasr 10.