Sign in to follow this  
SJG

What Single Point AR Sling is Best?

I have a Magpul either MS3 or 4 it's a single point and I don't like it. If I was doing some training I would go with a one of the two point Vickers slings by Blue force, they seem much easier to transition.

I haven't used a Vickers but they get get reviews.

High Exposure had a very good explanation of 1 point vs 2 point slings. I can't seem to find it, but it basically said if you want something that is constantly going to hit you in the junk or smack you in the face if you go prone, then get a 1 point.... nm found it :)

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/52226-need-advice-on-ar-sling-mount/#entry677512

Ok so what do you guys recommend for a 2 point sling for AR with a good price point that is relatively easy to transition with?

If you read High Exposure's blurb in that link, you'd have your answer... If you are worried about cost, grab a length of clothes line and use that.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

I've used the Magpul sling through a few carbine classes and haven't had any issues. Nice thing about it is that you can turn it into a 2 point sling if you wanted to.

ETA - What classes are you taking? I've got my eye on a few classes from MDTS this June and July.

single point sling dangles the gun like a boat anchor that swings into your shins and knees when you transition to sidearm and run... not a good choice.. 

Didn't we just have this descussion about weapons on single point slings smacking the shins? :D

I also like the MS3/MS4.... like they said, they can be a single or 2 point sling with the changing of an attachment.

Didn't we just have this descussion about weapons on single point slings smacking the shins? :D

I also like the MS3/MS4.... like they said, they can be a single or 2 point sling with the changing of an attachment.

Its all hoots and hollers until your rifle smacks you in the nuts....then its just hollers

Just keep in mind 2 point slings are not easy to transition to your week side when shooting form cover which you may do in class.I like the ms3 and the convertibility from 1 to 2 point. Tactical link makes a nice but expensive sling.

It probably takes less time to switch shoulders with a 2 pt than to convert a magpul to a 1 pt. Very easy transition when practiced a little.

I meant switch from one side to the other not from 2 to 1 point

I know what you meant, but my thing is 1 pt is only useful in that one instance. Otherwise you'd be carrying it in 2pt mode. In a real world situation, you likely won't have the luxury of knowing when youll have to transition.

I know what you meant, but my thing is 1 pt is only useful in that one instance. Otherwise you'd be carrying it in 2pt mode. In a real world situation, you likely won't have the luxury of knowing when youll have to transition.

I agree but most of us aren't going to be patrolling anywhere with our ars which is where I see the 2 point most useful. I see the 1 point more useful in tactical or defensive situation. You would probably be holding you rifle while on the move while on alert. I know you should train with what you would plan to use in a real world scenario. I just think that especially for the purpose of a class a 1 point is better suited.

This is just my opinion and I am no expert by any means ;)

Imagine trying to secure your child or loved one while having an 8 lb lawn dart swinging around your neck, or having to carry anything other than your rifle. Imagine having a stoppage when engaged with a threat and you have to drop your rifle right into your junk before you pull your handgun. 2 pt slings also can help steady your sights in a pinch if needed. Ive trained with a 1 point during a class and it got old very quick. Uncomfortable 98% of the class and constantly flagging my feet.

I'm liking this one a little pricey but buy once I say. The one in this vid is fully loaded with heavy duty metal parts around 124.00 but savy sniper has a lower priced version with polymer parts around 85.00 bucks. They get great reviews and will use your quick detach parts if you send them in to them if you want.

Wow thats a lot of money.  

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-padded-sling

Gives you the same thing as the sling in the video.  If you really want that qd triglide, you can add it on but I can tell you I have one, "just in case" and have never used it. 

ETA if you dont need the extra buckle you can get a standard vtac and a couple qd swivels and save $10-15 more.  And thats for the padded, the standard vtac is less.