Sign in to follow this  
Sir Drake

Anyone going to Cherry Ridge this weekend (03/08) for FL or UT CCW?

Just got a notification from ANJRPC that Gun For Hire is doing a UT and FL CCW class this weekend at Cherry Ridge. Depending on the weather, the wife and I might spend a few hours on the range prior to the class, then take the UT CCW at 3pm. If anyone is going, I thought perhaps we could meet up?

And, if at all possible and you are willing, I was hoping to try shooting a few rounds from a .45 1911 or maybe a few revolvers along the lines of a 686, GP100, some other interesting handgun, or even a rifle??? I'd be happy to buy some ammo and a cup of coffee for ya'. ;)

Details and other info:

UTAH & FLORIDA CCW PERMITS:

All aspects of CCW application processing conveniently handled for you at one location (fingerprinting, photos, notary, application completion, etc). What otherwise takes weeks to assemble on your own is now completed in a few hours! ANJRPC membership is NOT required to participate.  

PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED!  Contact Charlie Padula at [email protected] or (888) 486-3674 ext. 127 for more information on the Cherry Ridge permitting events and to register (note - there is a different contact for firearms training, below).  

Upcoming CCW Permitting Dates:

SAT - 03/08/14 (FL-2:00 pm; UT- 3:00 pm)
           ***THIS SATURDAY!***

FRI  - 03/28/14 (FL-4:00 pm; UT- 5:00 pm)

SUN - 04/13/14 (FL-2:00 pm; UT- 3:00 pm)

FRI  - 04/25/14 (FL-4:00 pm; UT- 5:00 pm)

FEE IS $200 (Utah) and $50 (Florida).  Fee for either permit application includes fingerprinting, passport photos, notary, and guided application completion.  Utah fee also includes required training class, application fee and mailing.

Note: This program is for non-resident CCW permits. Florida's CCW permit application can only be submitted after prior completion of training, which is not part of this service. NRA Basic Pistol and First Steps certified pistol training classes satisfy this requirement - see ANJRPC's training schedule below. Please note that Florida non-resident permits are not currently being honored in Pennsylvania.  NJ does not recognize Florida or Utah permits (these permits cannot be used in NJ).

FIREARMS TRAINING:

State of the art firearms training at Cherry Ridge Range, given by leading instructors in NJ, and sponsored by ANJRPC.  If you've been meaning to take an NRA-certified class, want friends and family to learn to shoot, or need proof of training for one of our CCW permitting events (see above), this is your ticket!  ANJRPC Membership is NOT required.

PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Email [email protected]

or call 973-486-2300 to register or with any questions about ANJRPC firearms training classes (note - there is a different contact for CCW permitting, above).

Upcoming Firearms Training Classes:

SUN - 03/09/14 - Basic Pistol (8:00 am-4:00 pm, cost: $225)

***THIS SUNDAY!***

SUN - 03/16/14 - FIRST Steps Pistol (9:00 am-1:00 pm, cost: $190)

SAT - 03/29/14 - Personal Protection in the Home (8:00 am-4:00 pm,

cost: $250)

SUN - 04/13/14 - FIRST Steps Pistol (9:00 am-1:00 pm, cost: $190)

SAT - 04/19/14 - FIRST Steps Shotgun (9:00 am-1:00 pm, cost: $190)

Figures, I must be the only guy on the forum who DOESN'T have a UT CCW yet LOL!

Seems like a cool thing to do though so I am looking forward to it. Plus weather looks like it will be good, so a few hours on the range might be just the thing to shake off the winter blues.