checko

Legality question

Just out of curiosity, when they say they are calling for a specific employee, just say you are talking to them. Find out step two. Perhaps you can get more info, or shut it down by demonstrating nothing profitable will come from it. Tell them the leg breakers from your bookie get your paycheck before you do.

Just out of curiosity, when they say they are calling for a specific employee, just say you are talking to them. Find out step two. Perhaps you can get more info, or shut it down by demonstrating nothing profitable will come from it. Tell them the leg breakers from your bookie get your paycheck before you do.

I'm curious, what does the employee say? Is it along the lines of "Sorry, I have some stuff going on" or "WTF is this I have no idea".
The employee swears up and down that he doesn't know what is going on. I'd be inclined to disagree usually but in this case this "company" seems to prey on people that have had a rough time with creditors in the past.

Silly question... But have you tried just putting the employee on the phone...

The employee did talk to them. I can't however force the employee to take these calls, especially if they are harassing. Im off today but I wonder if they started calling again.

Comedian Jim Florentine does great stuff with cold callers. He once got a magazine salesperson to stay on the line while he simulated drowning his mother in the tub. Fuciing hysterical. It's like he challenged them to see how long he can make them stay on the line

I had a similar situation, they were calling a work provided cell phone, asking for someone I'd never heard of.  After a few times telling them this was a company provided cell and I was not the person they were asking for, I decided to save the number to my contact list (under a**holes) that way I knew who it was and could ignore the call when busy, and play games with them when bored.  I'd answer the call by asking them in John was there (that one always seemed to completely baffle the person calling), or simply saying things like "Not the brightest crayon in the box, are we?  When I was having an especially bad day, I'd stop by a pay phone and call them...... (it was an 800 number)  Those conversations often were ones that can't be repeated in a family friendly environment......They eventually got the point that they were getting nowhere and quit calling. 

Granted, in my case it was only a call or two a day, not constant calls tying up a line.  But hey, if you can't get them to quit calling, at least make a game of it and have some fun with them.

I trolled him bad and he kept coming back. We needed a police report to block the number. We started that process but I'm sure he'll just use another #. Local smokey said he's gonna call them from the PD head shed and see what he can do.

Airhorn, or whistle.... speak very softly..try and get him to turn the volume up on his end...then...Blow his Effin doors off