Redrum

Car Insurance Companies

Hi All, long story short my car insurance went up 25% and the only reason they can tell me is because of my divorce. This to me makes zero sense and I think it's time to move on from Allstate and I've been with them for over 20 years. I have zero points and no accidents, and I'm not able to get in with New Jersey Manufactures. Any suggustions?

Thank You for the responses. I touched base with my brother and it seems he's very happy with a company called Ameriprise. I guess he got it through Costco but you don't need a membership to buy insurance. They are almost 600.00 dollars a year cheaper then my Allstate with the exact same coverage. I looked up Liberty Mutual and they were slightly cheaper then my Allstate. Geico was the cheapest, almost saving me 700.00 a year. I'm nervous to cancel with Allstate because I'm under the old plan where they can't cancel me for any/whatever reason and in turn I pay a premium. Again Thank You for the Input!

I've quoted all the companies over the years. "Brick and mortar" places like State Farm, Allstate, etc. are always way more expensive than the online companies.

I've bounced back and forth between 21st Century and Geico. As the rates climb, I change again... I also have Progressive for my motorcycles, and they are far cheaper than Rider.

I have Encompass. when i switched from esurance to encompass my monthly payment dropped over $150 a month. I can pm my agents info if interested.

Does not sound possible.  My total premium is less than $150/mo for two cars with two drivers with State Farm.  Yes that includes collision with $500 deductible and comprehensive with $0 deductible.  Plus I have a real live agent that I can stop in and see at anytime. 

I have State Farm since the start of time and have always been very happy with them.

I have State Farm as well, for just a few years now. I really don't have much choice, because my GF is my agent. And yes, I can stop in and see her anytime. At this very moment I'm trying to talk her into coming over for a home inspection.

Just a little update, Progressive is the cheapest so far and it's the exact same coverage as my Allstate. Honestly, I never looked into this and just automatically paid it for all these years. I don't know if I should laugh or cry, I guess it's time for a beer. The weirdest thing is when I go to a website to get a quote they know my policy info and car info, I guess they have some type of database.

From what the guys at work said our employer no longer is in the NJ business association and we no longer can get the Nj Manufactur insurance. I'm going to look at encompass insurance in a few minutes. Thanks Again for all the input!

From what the guys at work said our employer no longer is in the NJ business association and we no longer can get the Nj Manufactur insurance. I'm going to look at encompass insurance in a few minutes. Thanks Again for all the input!

You should be eligible for nj manufactures re-insurance. It's their company for people that are not eligible for NJM.

16yrs of driving, zero points, zero tickets, zero accidents and im still paying $1500 a year thru liberty mutual

had to switch from statefarm because they tried to charge me $1700 a year for buying a brand new safer car and I'VE been with statefarm since i started driving.

thanks OP for this thread, i just got off the phone a minute ago with NJmanufacturers and their car insurance was actually ONLY $10 yes you are reading this correctly 10 lousy DOLLARS cheaper than liberty mutual.

YIPPY, now i can buy a six pack

Ok Here's a Breakdown, all are 6 month policy:

2006 Honda Accord

Zero points,zero accidents nothing

Allstate 1067.50

Liberty Mutual 985.00

Ameriprise 764.00

Geico 654.00

Progressive 561.00

Couldn't get the an online quote for encompass and I need to get Clintoon more beer. I will try calling NJ reman tomorrow

Does not sound possible.  My total premium is less than $150/mo for two cars with two drivers with State Farm.  Yes that includes collision with $500 deductible and comprehensive with $0 deductible.  Plus I have a real live agent that I can stop in and see at anytime. 

I have a 08 Jeep and an 11 Kia, With full coverage on both and 2 drivers (my wife and me). I was paying $292 a month with Esurance, I switched to Encompass and my bill is now $124 for the same coverage and deductible ($200). Esurance was only online, with Encompass I have a real agent.

I have USAA and like it. Only had them so no clue on anyone else. I think my girlfriend has geico and she seems to like them.

I'm going to switch back to USAA as soon as our current policy with Esurance expires. They have always been easy to deal with and their prices have finally become competitive in NJ.

Ok Here's a Breakdown, all are 6 month policy:

2006 Honda Accord

Zero points,zero accidents nothing

How about your details --  Age -- assume male but maybe not -- married -- divorced -- kids -- how about your credit --  I do know allstate uses credit score 

FWIW -- I have allstate -- 3 vehicles -- Myself, wife and 17 year old son

2004 avalanche -- full coverage

95 gmc suburban -- liability only

92 gmc safari -- liability only

I believe my liability limits are 500,000/300,000

I'm right around $1,000 per 6 months --  I do have homeowners policy with them too

40 yrs old

no accidents

no tickets

98 Ford F150

$700 a year full coverage whohoo!

You carry collision on a 1998 truck? Is it because the collision premium is so small for an old truck?

And also everybody should remember that premiums are also heavily contigent on what town you live in... By like A LOT. Ims sure many on here can recall instances their rates changed when they moved.