Redrum

Car Insurance Companies

You carry collision on a 1998 truck? Is it because the collision premium is so small for an old truck?

And also everybody should remember that premiums are also heavily contigent on what town you live in... By like A LOT. Ims sure many on here can recall instances their rates changed when they moved.

Dunno that just what my plan is, I guess so

If you can get njm insurance. Even at the same price. Its advisable. Dividends. But customer service and all the rest that goes with it compared to other insurance companies. I have switched all my business and personal insurance to them. Plus we do all the general maintenance at their headquarters. And i know they look out for their policy holders. A lot.

Ok here's the stats:

2006 Honda Accord

I owe nothing on the car but have full comp and collision due to the high book value

No points or accidents

I'm 41, divorced and have no kids, no alimony nothing like that, all my bills are paid

I'm a guy

I have a good job at the port, the hours suck but the money is good

I like long walks on the beach..this feels like a dating site now

36 years old zero points or accidents ever. Single, own home, travel less than 5 miles to work , Sussex county resident.

2005 ram hemi p/u. full comp, liability

1992 wrangler liability,fire,theft

100/300/100

$1800 a year for both

NJ Cure Since 1999 excellent company IMO.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Does not sound possible.  My total premium is less than $150/mo for two cars with two drivers with State Farm.  Yes that includes collision with $500 deductible and comprehensive with $0 deductible.  Plus I have a real live agent that I can stop in and see at anytime. 

Sorry Howard but though NJM my policy is only $1900 for 3 vehicles per year 2 newer vehicles with full coverage and a 95 suburban with the basics. Plus at the end of the year I typically get back around $90 on my dividend check.

Plus I must admit I am bias against State Farm since about 10 years ago they canceled my policy on the grounds that I had a 13 year old chow shepard mix. They claimed the dog was on their dangerous list and would not insure anyone with certain dogs... I just think at the time the local office was closing and they did not want to deal with some of the additional paperwork so they just cancled alot of people during that timeframe based on anything they could find... I mean that Dog had to be carried up and down our stairs dur to age and hip displasa and they cancled me....

PS I had also never filed a claim with them for any reason either

Can someone tell me WTF is NJM "Re-Insurance"?

It's a division of NJM where they will insure non-members for a higher rate and no dividends.

I recently switched for Geico, to Travelers and now Allstate. Every time I saved money.

My girlfriend had NJM which seemed to not be as good as it used to. Her dividends went down every year.

I put her on my plan when I switched to Allstate and with the multicar discount, she went for $1100+ per year to just under $600 with higher liability coverage.

My brother was loyal to NJM over 20 years. first kid they added they wanted 2 grand extra. Then 2nd kid added wanted anither 2 grand added for total of 6 grand for three cars and tie teenagers

Allstate said they'd do it for 4 grand. I never ever thought NJM could me undercut. I was shocked

Cancel that policy ASAP. I think You can get NJ manufactures Re-insurance

I've had NJM for countless years ( not the more expensive Re-Insurance version )

Always a 1yr policy ( not a 6mo one that they raise on you in 6mo) , always a rebate check back at the end of the year, even a bonus check from a previous year once.

I check rates yearly against others and have never had a cheaper quote from anyone else.

Anyone with USAA.. Trying to get some feedback. I currently have State Farm but I'm eligible to get USAA. I haven't got a quote yet but trying to see if those who have it are happy. I see alot of mixed reviews online. 

I have only had USAA my entire life so I can't compare in terms of price.  But I can say they have excellent customer service, at least my experience has always been very good.

Anyone with USAA.. Trying to get some feedback. I currently have State Farm but I'm eligible to get USAA. I haven't got a quote yet but trying to see if those who have it are happy. I see alot of mixed reviews online. 

I had USAA for years until I moved to NJ and switched since they admittedly couldn't match others' prices at that time. Up until then I had always had always had great experiences with USAA and my parents have used USAA for probably 40+ years.

I switched around to get better prices and ended up with Geico, then Esurance chasing the best price. But then the wife had a minor accident ($2K body work) and Esurance tried to more than double our rate! I checked USAA and they came in at half what anyone else was quoting.

In short, if you qualify for USAA and their price works for you I highly recommend them.

I have Progressive:

Two cars:

2004 Honda Accord

2013 Toyota Sienna

100/300

Comprehensive and collision on both, $150 deductible, rental coverage $30/day

One recent ticket (2012, lane change violation)

Last accident 01/2012 (deer hit, $5k damage)

$501 for the Honda, $684 for the Toyota, 6 months. This is in Sussex/Wantage. 

I don't like the company political philosophy but it is hard to argue with the price. I have had three insurance companies so far - GEICO, Travelers and Progressive.

GEICO I had when I lived in New York. Hated them. Lost my check then sent me an angry letter threatening to cancel my policy. They were expensive too. 

Then I went with Travelers. Treated me better than GEICO, but still expensive. I did have a discount as a member of IEEE though. 

Then I shopped around and found Progressive. Price was too good to be true, but I signed up and I've been a customer ever since. I've had a few accidents and they took care of me really well. Most were no fault of mine, such as when the guy driving the pickup with the horse trailer rammed into the back of my car in PA. I just let Progressive deal with it and they recovered the deductible via subrogation. 

BTW in NY I was paying $7000-$9000 per YEAR to have insurance on my (one) car.